Job ID: 164182
CRH is a leading global diversified building materials group, employing over 85,000 people at more than 3,600 locations in 32 countries. Imagine a company capable of providing the modern building materials needed to build our homes, schools, communities, even the bridges and highways to get you there. We are CRH Americas, North America’s largest manufacturer of building products and the second largest globally.
Ensure that CRH sources clearly specified products and services in the General Services category at the best possible TCO, and that CRH fulfills its contractual obligations and other commitments towards its suppliers. The Local Category Manager - Americas participates in all relevant commercial discussions with suppliers related to specific products (within own geography); owns and drives regular business review meetings with suppliers; drives multiple source qualifications and provides price provisioning on product level during budgeting / business case phase.
- Managing assigned category in Region (Americas) through participation in cross-functional and cross-regional team
- Translating category and supplier strategies into executable sourcing plans and strategies based on actual portfolio demands and business needs
- Ensuring cost, availability, innovation, and quality within the sourcing plan creation and execution while driving for savings and improved efficiencies.
- Executing regional supplier selection in line with strategy, requirements, supplier base development, and identification of new suppliers
- Ensuring efficient RFx process from selection through onboarding according to the agreed strategies
- Leading price negotiations, contract, and life cycle management with suppliers
- Ensuring compliance with procurement process, SOX and other statutory requirements within own category
- Ensuring compliance to supplier portfolio within own category/region
- Liaising with Global/Regional Category Managers to address changes based on supply market dynamics
- Managing supplier performance accountability for agreed KPIs (internal and external) and their reporting
- Developing and managing relationship with key suppliers in the category
Desired Education and Experience
- Degree in Business or Technical field, a Bachelor’s Degree would be preferred.
- 6 or more years of Procurement experience in an international setting
- Recent Regional/Category management experience in a large complex multi-country organization
- Negotiation & contracting skills
- Cost analysis skills
- Financial and Business acumen
- Decision making/strategic thinking
- Project management skills
- Collaborating in cross a regional/functional team
- Source to pay process, supplier quality, product lifecycle management
- Excellent market information analysis skills and supply market knowledge
- Well-rounded and experienced procurement professional with sound business acumen
- Data and people driven leader and decision maker
- Ability to lead and drive the execution of the regional category management agenda
- Dedicated and engaged partner who strongly engages with both the business and the Global Procurement organization to enhance collaboration and obtaining the regional procurement objectives
- Willing to travel internationally or cooperate in international projects
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to communicate with others by telephone and in person
- Able to utilize a computer for word processing, email communication, and preparation of documents and presentations.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Usually, normal office working conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
- The position will require heavy travel – at times exceeding 50%
- The position may require work outside of normal business hours
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.