American Furniture Warehouse is currently seeking qualified Delivery Drivers (NON CDL) . As a Delivery Driver, you are a part of AFW’s white glove delivery service, with the goal of under promising and over delivering to our customers and providing the best customer experience in the industry. As a Delivery Driver, you will be responsible for delivering, assembling, disassembling, and removing merchandise from our customers homes. The Delivery Driver will also demonstrate how to use merchandise and explain AFW policies and procedures to our customers.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record with 2 or less moving violations with in the past 3 years (Applicants may be asked to provide an updated
- Obtain and maintain a D.O.T Physical card.
- Able to perform vehicle pre-trips up to FMCSA standards.
- Assembly/Delivery experience preferred.
- Must own your own hand tools.
- Knowledge of and the ability to perform the correct lifting/team lifting techniques.
- Experience using hand tools.
- Ability to safely operate a company approved safety knife.
- Knowledge of team lifting and the ability to perform it.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies, including Dispatch Track and ipads.
- Commitment to AFW’s safety policies and procedures and ability to promote awareness.
- Assemble/disassemble merchandise correctly and efficiently using a variety of tools while sustaining a high level of quality assurance and attention to detail in the customer’s home.
- Able to identify and read invoices and UPC labels to ensure invoices are complete.
- Inspect and inventory all merchandise prior to delivery load out.
- Efficiently and safely load and unload merchandise to and from a delivery truck.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to explain merchandise and policies to customers.
- Ability to team lift merchandise off and on a box truck and in and out of a customer’s home.
- Maintain a clean safe work environment including but not limited to truck cabs and straight box trucks.
- Must be willing to chain up during severe weather.
- Must function and interact on a routine basis with Customer Service and the AFW management team.
- Initiative to work in a physically demanding, fast pace environment for an extended period of time.
- Able to communicate effectively with team members, supervisors, and customers.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Coordinate and work effectively with multiple departments to continuously improve processes, maximize efficiency and exceed customer service expectations.
- Ability to efficiently work independent of direct supervision.
- Professional appearance.
- Able to have a flexible schedule and work all shifts, holidays, and weekends.
- All training provided by AFW
- Requires the ability to maneuver in confined and at times congested areas, not limited to but including stairways, hallways, and elevators.
- Requires the ability to stand, walk, stoop, & bend for 10 hours or more daily.
- Requires constant use of arms, hands, fingers, eyes, legs, and back.
- Requires lift, lower, push and pull all sizes of merchandise up to 100 lbs. frequently and ability to handle/manipulate up to 250 lbs. frequently.
- The Delivery Driver position requires lifting, gripping, bending, kneeling, stooping and moving merchandise 10 hours or more daily.
Physical Work Environment:
- Fluorescent Lighting
- Concrete Flooring
- Climate affected by outside conditions including extreme heat/cold internally and externally.
- Considerable exterior/interior noise
A pre-employment drug screen and pre-employment background check must be passed upon job offer.American Furniture Warehouse provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Commission, Paid Weekly (GUARANTEED), Full Benefits, Vacation time.