Premio Foods, Inc., a leading manufacturer of quality Italian fresh dinner sausage, located in Hawthorne, NJ has an outstanding opportunity for a Local Driver for 1st shift to shuttle between our two facilities in Hawthorne and Union City, New Jersey. (9am-End). Monday-Friday. Salary Non-exempt role.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Make deliveries, follow routes and time schedules. Shuttle between our Hawthorne and Union City
- Operate straight trucks safely so as to prevent injury to oneself and to others in and between the facility, as well as ensure no property damage occurs to docks, fences, gates, other vehicles, etc.
- Perform yard checks of all trailers including written temperature logs.
- Maneuver trailers and straight trucks safely in and out of the dock and to and from the Company’s trailer holding yard.
- Ensure trailers and trucks are correctly spotted in correct dock doors or parking areas.
- Ensure that refrigerated units are set at the desired temperatures, pre-chilled, and cleaned.
- Ensure trucks are chocked properly to ensure safe forklift operation conditions in the trailers.
- Ensure freight is loaded properly for safe transit and trailers and straight jobs are sealed.
- Inspect and report truck and trailer mechanical issues and damages.
- Perform miscellaneous service duties on a daily basis such as oil level checks, fuel supply and general cleanliness.
- Ensure facility entrances and exits are flowing smoothly with no traffic congestion; instruct delivery vehicles where to park until they’re ready to be loaded or unloaded.
- Complete various assignments or tasks as assigned.
- Must possess a current, valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and a satisfactory/safe driving record. CDL A accepted as well.
- Forklift license a plus
For immediate consideration, qualified candidates should submit their resume and salary requirements using the apply button below:
Premio Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
HAZMAT Truck Driver