- Must posses a valid Commercial Drivers License with no pattern of moving violations/accidents in either a personal or commercial vehicle. Applicants with a “K” restriction (intrastate only) on their CDL will not be considered for hire until that restriction has been removed from their license.
- Must posses or be able to obtain a current DOT physical card.
- Must meet DOT and company requirements related to drug and alcohol testing.
- Must pass a company road test.
- Two years of applicable straight truck driving experience preferred.
- Must meet requirements of being 21 years of age or older.
- Must have knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspection and maintenance, and transportation of hazardous materials.
- Must be CDL certified with HazMat and Tank endorsements.
- Must be able to read and write and have the mental capacity to manually complete required paperwork and reports.
- Must have a desire to serve customers and support the Ward team at the service center.
- Must meet the Company’s minimum qualified driver’s requirements, as defined by the Safety Department.
- Must be able to work required hours.
- Must wear steel-toed shoes/boots.
- Must have a pleasing personality and cooperative attitude.
- Must be able to accurately read gauges and dials.
- Must be able to enter and exit the vehicle’s cab using footholds and handholds.
- May be exposed to heat, cold, dust, irritants, etc.
- Must be able to successfully pass a post offer physical agility test, specifically designed for the tasks associated with the position. The physical demands for this position are "Heavy", as defined by the Dictionary of Occupational Titles: Exerting 50 to 100 lb of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 lb of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 lb of force constantly to move objects, physical demand requirements are in excess of those for medium work.
- Specific physical demands include, but are not limited to:
- Carrying: Occasional, up to 75 lbs., up to 40 feet
- Pushing: Occasional, up to 600 lbs., up to 100 feet
- Pulling: Occasional, up to 600 lbs., up to 100 feet
- Lifting - Floor to Knee, Knee to Waist, Waist to Shoulder: Occasional, up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, Twisting, Balancing, Bending, Climbing, Crouching, Kneeling, Reaching (below shoulder), Standing: Occasional
- Reaching (shoulder or above), Sitting: Frequent
This job description does not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as circumstances change.