Majorel (dba Arvato) supports clients all over the world to successfully shape their customer relationships. More than 48,000 employees in 28 countries design and implement customized solutions for this purpose. We create amazing customer experiences that people value and we are proud of. By combining talent, data, and technology, we deliver real impact for our partners. Today’s rapidly changing world is sometimes challenging for service delivery; But with our spirit of true entrepreneurship, adaptability and our drive to go further, we view it as an opportunity to innovate by getting the best from people and technology. We constantly strive for the best. We know that doing so is pursuing a moving target. It takes full commitment to go the extra mile. Mutual respect and trust is the hallmark of every successful business, and it’s the same at Majorel. We know that challenges are met and ambitions achieved through teamwork: not only amongst our colleagues, but in partnership with our clients too.
Position oversees and is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the local Information Security Management System
- Actively support the Regional ISO in regard to activities, reviews and audits
- Implement, maintain and assess the effectiveness ISMS and data privacy program within the local reporting unit.
- Propos adequate adaptions in cooperation with the Regional ISO to fit local circumstances to the executive management of the legal entity;
- Define the basic criteria for the audit program and its activities within legal entity in cooperation with Regional ISO and ARC;
- Define the appropriate time schedules for monitor, review and audit activities within the legal entity in cooperation with Regional ISO and ARC;
- Implement business continuity processes within the local scope and facilitates documentation of continuity plans and testing.
- Prepare proposals in cooperation with Regional ISO to improve the local ISMS and brings them to the attention of the executive management during his regular reports or whenever necessary;
- Align with the data protection officer and support the privacy program as required;
- Establish and maintain a good contact to relevant authorities and public departments;
- Fulfill other tasks related to the position as required
- BS degree, Business Administration, IT or related field.
- Experience in Information Security Systems, risk, compliance or audit preferable.
- Experience in aspects of contact center management.
- Experience in consulting field preferable.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent leadership and developmental skills
- Demonstrated success managing new initiatives while meeting operating and budgetary requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.