When you join the team at Hines Supply, you�re not only building your career, but also the helping build the American Dream for many others. That�s because our mission is to make a difference in the lives of our customers and their customers everyday. Our commitment to excellence, hiring and retaining talented, determined, and dedicated individuals is the reason we are one of the largest and most successful building material suppliers in the industry. If you are a self-starter, with an entrepreneurial spirit, and are looking for a challenging career with endless opportunities for growth, consider joining the team at Hines Supply. You�ll find attractive wages and benefits, a genuine collective spirit of wanting to make a difference and a meaningful career path with opportunities for advancement. Join us. When you grow with us, you�re also helping America to grow.
Our Alsip location�is currently hiring for a Location Manager.� The Location Manager is responsible for directing all location operations and personnel including sales, service, purchasing, and manufacturing while ensuring maximum productivity and profitability.�
The essential functions of the Location Manager include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and manage the annual location budget, review variances with department supervisors.� Monitors costs and establishes costs controls.
- Establish and execute locations annual business plan objectives to meet sales, operational, and profitability goals.
- Actively participate in the strategic planning, direction and strategy execution for the organization with the Executive team and other Location Managers.
- Manage the HR functions of the location including: recruitment, performance management, progressive discipline, and team development.� Directs supervisors in their personnel management duties.� Ensure compliance to company policies and procedures.
- Review market analysis to determine customer needs, volume potential, price schedules, and discount rates, and develop sales campaigns to accommodate goals.
- Direct and coordinate the promotion of products to develop new markets, increase share of market, and obtain a competitive position in the industry.
- Demonstrate leadership in the Continuous Improvement Process through Lean Six Sigma events.
- Maintain proper risk management to keep the location from being victim of theft and/or fraud by reviewing and evaluating the adequacy of internal controls for all systems.
We are seeking an assertive and confident leader with several years of management and team development experience, preferably within a manufacturing setting. Qualified candidates should take initiative, be experts at time management, and have excellent communication, decision making, and problem solving skills.
Other requirements of the Location�Manager role include:
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) in Manufacturing Engineering, Business Management, Supply Chain or related field
- Experience with 5S and Lean Operations Environment.
- Experience in the construction or building materials distribution field preferred, but not required.
- A minimum of 7 years experience managing and developing a team
- 5 plus years of experience in a manufacturing environment with full P&L management
- Proficient in ERP systems for inventory management
- General working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Beyond our attractive compensation package, benefits you will enjoy in the Locations Manager role include:
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Matching
- Health, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Career Stability
- Training and Development
- And Much More!