This position is responsible for the University keys system, to include keys cutting, and all other doors accessories.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cut and duplicate keys, create key impressions.
- Research key codes and code appropriate keys.
- Rekey lock cylinders.
- Use appropriate tools to enter locks.
- Repair level locks, knob locks, mortise locks and deadbolts.
- Repair cam locks, plunger locks, and school lockers.
- Design key control systems for major facilities.
- Install and repair panic devices.
- Perform highly technical locksmith duties.
- Maintain all keys logs and Documents Cut and duplicate keys, create key impressions.
- Evaluate and estimate work layouts and the time and materials necessary to complete
- Read and interpret blueprints, plans, specifications and drawings to determine job.
- Performs other work related duties as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Clean driving record.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to meet or exceed the University's attendance and punctuality standards.
- Ability to evaluate objectively, fairly and consistently.
- Ability to use basic hand tools.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to work as part of a team or with minimal supervision.
- Working outdoors and in enclosed areas is required.
- Working in extreme heat or cold conditions on occasion.
- Some evening, night and weekend work as needed.
- Ability to push 50 pounds and lift 20 pounds. (Material handling)
- Ability to climb ladder and step ladder.
- Bending at waist, sitting, kneeling, laying horizontally, climbing, walking, etc., as job may require.
- Ability to work in extreme heat, cold and noisy areas.