Ansible Government Solutions, LLC (Ansible) is currently recruiting Locum Tenens Emergency Physicians for service at the VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System located at 6900 N Pecos Rd, North Las Vegas, NV 89086. The Physicians will supports Veterans Affairs healthcare operations. Locum Tenens positions with generous compensation packages are available.
Ansible Government Solutions, LLC (Ansible) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing Federal customers with solutions in many arenas. Our customers face wide-ranging challenges in the fields of national security, health care, and information technology. To address these challenges, we employ intelligent and committed staff who take care of our customers’ success as if it is their own.
- Employs the principles of emergency care for life/limb threats, resuscitation and stabilization, triage, and diagnosis and disposition.
- Major procedures shall be performed in the emergency department when safe and appropriate to do so for procedures such as central venous line placement, arterial catheter placement, emergency chest tube or needle thoracostomy to relieve tension pneumothorax, peritoneal lavage, defibrillation and synchronized cardioversion, endotracheal intubation, lumbar puncture, proctoscopy/anoscopy, pericardiocentesis, simple closed fracture and dislocation reduction, arthrocentesis, local and up to moderate systemic anesthesia (intravenous/regional), periocardiocentesis, temporary pacemaker placement, chest tube thoracostomy, and cricothyroidotomy.
- Patients suffering traumatic injuries where immediate treatment and release is not medically indicated and when clinical level of care is not available at the facility, the Physician shall provide initial stabilization and readying of such patients for transport to a Level One Trauma Center.
- Reviews all admissions to inpatient hospital care recommended by Mid-level (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) provider. Every admission to inpatient care shall have a person-to-person hand-off/hand-over from the admitting Provider to a responsible member of the admitting team.
- Provides consultation with and instruction to referring physicians regarding appropriate indications for procedures so that the most expeditious and clinically appropriate work-up can be done. Determines the appropriate course of treatment and communicate in person or by phone with the referring clinicians. Initiates appropriate social work referrals for all identified homeless veterans and for patients who do not have primary care providers, but who appear regularly in the ED.
- Applies orthopedic devices such as splints and braces to stabilize orthopedic injuries.
- Follows all established medication policies and procedures. No sample medications shall be provided to patients.
- Provides discharge education and follow up instructions that are coordinated with the next care setting for all emergency department patients.
- Attends all required facility and department meetings.
- Completes compliance documentation and reporting.
- Board Certification in Emergency Medicine (preferred) or Board Certification or Board Eligible in Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, or Family Practice
- Active, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in any U.S. State or Territory
- Completion of an ACGME-approved residency program for physicians without Emergency Medicine Residency Training or Board Certification
- Current BLS and ACLS
- Current PALS (preferred)
- Must be able to pass a Federal background investigation (National Agency Check with Written Inquiries)
Copies of Qualification Documents Required: Curriculum Vitae (CV); National Provider Identification (NPI); active/unrestricted Licenses in any U.S. State or Territory; proof of Board Certification and or Eligible in Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, or Family Practice; DEA license; current BLS and ACLS; and PALS (preferred)
Ansible Government Solutions, LLC is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. Ansible will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment based on a person’s race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, medical/physical status or disability, or military status.