Vidant Medical Center - Greenville
Vidant Medical Center located in Greenville, North Carolina is seeking BC Orthopedic Traumatologists to provide coverage for their orthopedic service line. Day shift (7a-7p) must be a fellowship trained Orthopedic Traumatologist. Night shift (7p-7a) surgeon can be a General Orthopedic Surgeon with preferred trauma experience. Shifts needed will be mostly weekend days and nights.
Coverage Needed as soon as credentialed - ongoing
- 974-bed Level 1 trauma center
- JCAHO Accredited facility
- Orthopedic Trauma Call
- Inpatient Consults
- 3,500 Trauma admissions annually
- 1,200 Ortho Trauma admissions annually
- Support by 7 Trauma Surgeons
- No Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant support
- Well established and reputable surgery department
- State of the art inpatient unit
- Epic EMR System
- Estimated 4-6 OR cases per day
- Estimated 5-10 consults per day
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, Vidant Medical Center has been designated a Magnet® facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. , The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. , Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. , Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play! , Find Yourself in Good Company!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
For more information, please contact Joyce Best at 252-847-6044 or by email at Joyce.Best@Vidanthealth.com.