The Logistics Engineer performs analysis on new, current, and past business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Asset-Based Price Analysis
- Customer Relationship Management.
- Creates pricing models.
- Analyzes profitability of accounts by service type.
- Works with customers to achieve cost savings through efficiency gains.
- Works with Sales Consultants to make pricing adjustments when necessary.
- Cost Management.
- Analyzes cost data from operations system to identify opportunities for savings.
- Analyzes impact of price increases or adjustments from transportation suppliers.
- Miscellaneous Projects.
- Reviews impact on profitability for various projects.
- Works in conjunction with IS department to design and implement system improvements.
- Identifies and implements continual improvement initiatives to enhance the performance of the position, team, and company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
An employee is this position must have a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in related field (Finance/Accounting/Transportation) with at least six years of experience.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full Time Benefits (Medical,Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible spending account
- Generous Paid Time – Off