Smith & Nephew supports healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries in their daily efforts to improve the lives of their patients. We do this by taking a pioneering approach to the design of our advanced medical products and services, by securing wider access to our diverse technologies for more customers globally, and by enabling better outcomes for patients and healthcare systems.We have leadership positions in:
- Orthopaedics Reconstruction - joint replacement systems for knees, hips and shoulders
- Advanced Wound Management - wound care treatment and prevention products used to treat hard-to-heal wounds
- Sports Medicine - minimally invasive surgery of the joint
- Trauma & Extremities - products that help repair broken bones
The Logistics Associate II is responsible for processing all Loaner Services instrument kits from receiving to posting and all issues/transactions in-between related to the movement of the kit inventories to satisfy the domestic sales force.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains an accurate inventory of all kits including part numbers and quality control numbers. Processes bills to customers and updates inventory kits to ensure availability to the sale forces.
- Accurately process the Loaner Instrument and Implant packages for shipment through the company’s FEDEX computer/postage/tracking system as well as shipments to other air carriers in the United States.
- Accountable for contacts in written and oral form to distributors and sales personnel relate to loaner kits. Interfaces with professional etiquette with the distributor, sales force, and areas within Smith & Nephew.
- Verifies sku’s, quantities, and control numbers through use of the Loaner Services operational /inventory / shipping system. Processes up-to-the-minute computer database files on all incoming/outgoing kits to/from customers. Operates bar-coding scanner equipment and RFID systems for use with the PC database for implant and instrument kits.
- Monitors shipping records for all loaner kits to ensure availability and delivery so as not to effect future-date scheduled surgeries. Individual will scan/key each instrument and implant kit into the holding location for priority processing.
- Processes implant invoicing documents to ensure accurate billing of inventory used by our customer and restocks needed items through the Smith & Nephew order entry system.
- Obtains necessary supplies for work stations to process Loaner Services implant orders.
- Processes Loaner Services orders by initiating the picking of the order correctly through the Loaner Services database and places the kit(s) on a packer table in a timely manner.
- Scans the correct items, quality control numbers and quantities in a timely manner. Selects the proper size box or container to use on the outbound shipment(s) along with use of proper amounts of filler. Places the correct shipping label(s) on the box/container, weighs it, then is responsible to move and process it through FEDEX.
- Responsible for stocking items and stock replenishment of kits for use in surgical procedures through the Smith & Nephew order entry system and/or using SAP.
- Ability to learn product knowledge and Smith & Nephew product system. Knowledge of Smith & Nephew product systems is preferred.
- Advises management of any problem orders, shortages of supplies or other problems in the department.
- Processes all expedite (flight) orders in a timely manner (weighing and processing orders in mode of transportation needed and deliver to the traffic department for courier pick-up).
- Checks on hand inventory using shipping/customer service computer screens to determine stock levels against shipping demands.
- Required to stay daily until Loaner Services orders received are processed and everything is generally shipped via FEDEX or courier packages to the airport airline cargo terminals.
- Prepares and updates accurate lists and bills of material related to the costing of each implant kit. Works with product managers, sales, shipping, receiving, customer service, Quality Assurance, and manufacturing on new kits while monitoring turns to identify trends and demands.
- Heavy lifting required loading and unloading loaner equipment. Ability to lift 75-125 pounds and up to 150 pound limit required.
- Moves packages with a pallet jack and position required pallet jack certification.
- Will be required to visit accounts to assist with field inventory.
- Required to participate in on-call service rotation and alternative schedules and flexible shift times.
- Must be able to conceptualize Smith & Nephew inventory system.
- Must be able to identify instrument sets at deployment level.
- Maintains a safe and clean work area.
- Other duties may be assigned.
SCOPE OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
For funds, costs or Profits:
Assists in maintaining department annual budget expenditures. Must possess professional traits to represent the company during communications with customers.
Employee must be able to work without supervision in the absence of department Manager
For Internal and External Relationships:
- Daily internal and external contacts with employees in Sales, Marketing, Shipping, Receiving, Customer Service, Quality Assurance, and Manufacturing to discuss, plan, and process surgical equipment for successful surgeries and customer evaluations. Daily external contacts with distributors and sales representatives involved in the planning of and use of surgical equipment.
For Organization Influence:
- Position is responsible for quality products and timely delivery of surgical equipment essential to successful surgeries and customer evaluations. Employee also assists in monitoring and calling on past due surgical kit inventory. Represents department and company during facility tours and customer visits.
LIMITS OF AUTHORITY:
- Authorized to take orders via phone/fax/e-mail/ from customers and go from start to finish on satisfying the customers. Contacts customers with backorders and implants shortages. Authorized to charge postage, items used from kits, raw materials and essential office supplies for the department.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
these are non-essential job duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Two years college with classes in operations, manufacturing, customer service or distribution desired. In lieu of college classes, a combination of education and above experience totaling four years is required. CRT/PC experience (test administered), ability to operate forklift and pallet jack (certification requested), heavy lifting with loading and unloading loaner equipment (ability to lift 75-125 pounds and up to the 150 pound limit), good math (test administered), good written skills and good oral communication skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and understandably with fellow employees and customers. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Good math background (test administered).
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out multiple-step instructions furnished in written and oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires standing/walking – 75% of the time. Ability to lift or push packages normally ranging from 75-125 pounds and up to the 150 pound limit approximately 25% of the time. Requires standing, walking, talking, hearing, use of hands, balance, stooping, bending and reaching with hands and arms 2/3 or more of the time. Requires sitting 1/3 or less of the time. Requires lifting up to 150 pounds 1/3 or more of the time. Must be able to real shipping documents and inventory transactions 90% of the time. Utilizes CRT ‘s or PC’s to perform input and process shipping and inventory transactions 60% of the time. Must be able to communicate by phone 20% of the time. Requires the ability to see clearly at 20 inches or les and at distances of 20 feet or more.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Smith and Nephew is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Smith and Nephew is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.