Forterra is a leading manufacturer of pipe and products in the U.S. and Eastern Canada for a variety of water-related infrastructure applications, including water transmission, distribution and drainage. The company generated pro forma net sales of $1.5 billion in 2017. Forterra employs more than 5,000 people and operates more than 88 facilities, with products available throughout the U.S. and Eastern Canada.
We are currently looking for a motivated Logistics Coordinator to help facilitate accurate, on-time delivery of quality concrete products while balancing customer service and shipping costs alongside with supporting payroll/timekeeping and the compliance duties associated with DOT rules and regulations. Duties include data entry into the ERP system, timekeeping system and first point of contact for drivers. Incumbent will also be responsible for onboarding new drivers following Federal Regulations. This position will observe confidentiality of all employee and company information.
- Monitor, record, and prioritize the shipment of all finished goods.
- Proactive contact and professional communication with customers to set up delivery, service and delivery load tickets.
- Manage delivery dates and coordinate delivery of product with in-house scheduling, plants, and hauling.
- Daily entry of pick tickets and loads in ERP system. Purchase order creation and maintenance. Materials receiving to indicate product has been delivered and recorded in inventory. Matric data reporting. Labor hour reporting.
- Oversee transportation payroll, which includes tracking daily labor, recording and monitoring attendance, verifying punches, data entry and recording all vacations.
- Conduct interviews, administer pre-employment tests and random testing, ensures all on-boarding documents to the Plant Admin. Manage vacation requests and spreadsheet.
- Regular, timely attendance to meet company needs in an efficient and effective manner.
- Manage company vehicle maintenance.
- Ability to maintain DOT files and procedures according to laws and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned: Performs special projects or assignments as directed.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS:
- Four-year degree or equivalent Dispatch Shipping/Logistics experience. Manufacturing, construction or transportation coordination.
- Proficiency with computer programs includingMicrosoft Office, Google Earth, Adobe and database/ERP systems (Syteline) - preferred. Able to learn or build upon existing knowledge of computer and/or database.
- Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy with strong data entry skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of people and personalities.
- Good communication skills both orally and in writing with all levels of employees.
- Work as an effective and proactive team player, understands the importance of supporting the plant, production, and sales along with collaborating professionally with employees and managers.
- Able to apply effective time management and self-management skills. Able to be flexible and productive in an environment with regular interruptions.
- Understand and maintain confidential nature of company and employee information.
- Possess thorough, organized and detail-oriented approach to work. Possess effective problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated, fast learner, shows initiative, willing to seek out department needs and meet them.
- Demonstrated pattern of positive attitude, strong work ethic and dedication.
- Ability to apply effective time management and self-management skills. Ability to be flexible and productive in an environment with regular interruptions.
- Must have a valid drivers' license and ability to travel 5 percent of the time.
Employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. We offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs that include medical, dental, flex spending plan, life insurance, short and long-term disability, a vision plan, PTO and 10 holidays.
Forterra Building Products is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V - Forterra is a Drug Free Workplace.