Build a career at Lee Company!
Lee Company has been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Tennessean newspaper for multiple years and is proud to offer:
• The ability to advance your career through our accredited Lee Company University
• Opportunities to serve and give back to local communities
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Wellness program with cash incentives
• Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account
• Basic life & AD&D insurance
• Voluntary life insurance
• Short- and long-term disability
• Accident & critical illness coverage
• Home & auto discounts
• Paid time off (PTO)
• Full-time work
• Employee assistance program
• Chaplain services
• No-cost will preparation services, identify theft protection and healthy rewards program
Lee Company is driven by family values and strives to create an environment where employees can thrive.
Responsible for running a crew responsible the unloading of a class “A” vehicles and the transfer the material to the installation location on active construction projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
Manage and assist in crew related tasks as it relates to:
- Transportation of pre-fabricated assemblies to construction sites
- Unloading and loading of trucks by operating forklift equipment
- Moves materials to designated proper locations
- Receives equipment and manufacturing materials per paperwork provided
- Organizes materials for efficient and effective transportation, identification, and retrieval
- Evaluate processes to ensure that resources are used efficiently
- Follows safety procedures and rules
- Ability to handle stress and job demands
- Cooperatively work with others
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- CDL Class “A” license preferred
- OSHA and Rigging certification preferred
- Prior crew leadership experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be familiar with construction project requirements
- Must be familiar with TNDOT requirements
- Must be able to operator a forklift and other equipment as needed.
- Must be organized and familiar with different materials.
- Must be aware of safety procedures and be able to follow them.
- Must be able to follow directions well.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical activities described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Individuals working at the Fab Shop may be exposed to varying temperatures including very hot (above 90 degrees F) or very cold (below 32 degrees F). Individuals may be exposed to: cramped work spaces, contaminants, extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable. Performing this job requires frequent use of hands to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Must be able to sit, talk, hear, and stand frequently throughout the day. Must be able to climb, reach above shoulder height, stoop, or kneel frequently. The position occasionally may require lifting heavy objects (up to 75 pounds) and performing strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. Individuals may occasionally be exposed to hazardous conditions, high places and /or hazardous equipment. May work with or around chemicals that require knowledge of a safety data sheet.
Find us Online:
Check out our careers page: http://www.leecompany.com/careers/
Lee Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or testing, or family and medical leave.