Manage daytoday logistics operations in a fast paced changing environment, as well as providing transportation solutions services to customers and developing logistics solutions.
Plans and schedules appropriate service lines, maintain a cost effective balance between customer service and cost of delivery. Ensures compliance with all government regulations
Essential Job Functions
* Implement process improvement methodologies to streamline and create operational efficiencies.
* Develop and manage activities related to trucking compliance in support of business development activities.
* Identify logistics issues and implement appropriate resolutions.
* Oversee and complete accurate billing to clients based on pricing established with the clients while ensuring accurate costs and profits are maintained.
* Works closely with customers to ensure service satisfaction. Analyzes service failures/ issues and implements performance processes to enhance future service delivery.
* Ensures any company policy, systems, and industry related training is delivered to all direct reports as needed.
* Responsible for resolving internal and external client customer service issues in a cost effective and expeditious manner. Works closely with client's representatives to ensure service satisfaction. Analyzes service failures/issues and implements performance improvement processes to enhance future service delivery.
Other Skills & Abilities
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Good negotiation and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrable skills in coaching, motivating , team building and training
* Strong skills in financial analysis and a good understanding of how the parts of the company impact financial performance
* Financial responsibility for expense and budgeting
* Management experience in a dynamic growth environment
* The ability to handle multitasking and work under pressure to meet deadlines
* Good management ability to assign responsibilities , allocate resources and direct corrective action to attain favorable business impact
Education & Experience
* Bachelor's degree preferred with focus on Operations/Finance
* 7 or more years of logistics management experience
* 3 years of industry experience preferred.
* Talking, hearing and using hands to operate computer equipment
* Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
* Job may require extended sitting or standing, use of standard office equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This position requires the final candidate to successfully pass an E-Verify Check.
More Information: http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled