Charlie’s Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Boise and Los Angeles.
The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is our PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
Charlie’s provides a generous employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans, 401k, and our newest benefit is a fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and their dependent children!
Responsible for managing inbound freight deliveries. Direct and provide necessary instructions to drivers, vendors and freight forwarding companies. Coordinate delivery dates and times with warehouse operations.
- Schedule all inbound freight deliveries in order of importance, pershiability, etc.
- Cultivate relationships with drivers, freight forwarders and independent contractors
- Process way billing
- Coordinate delivery schedule with internal receiving department
- Work closely with buyers on orders and shipping needs
- At least 5 years of logistics experience
- Produce industry knowledge prefferred
- Strong Mathematical skills: Use basic arithmetic, algebra and statistics in daily computations and problem solving.
- Candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient Computer Skills: Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, And Power-Point, 10 key, AS 400
- Strong planning and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Proven relationship and negotiating skills, must possess tact, diplomacy and firmness in vendor negotiations.
- Ability to work flexible hours and days, holidays and weekends.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, and reach regularly.
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 60 pounds
- Medical, vision and dental
- 401(k) w/Fidelity
- Free 20k life insurance policy
- Free employee stock
- 100% paid college tuition with American Public University
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
Equal Opportunity Employer
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.