Discover a world of opportunities. #HumanChemistry
See what chemistry can do for your career: careers.evonik.com
Exploring opportunities. Growing together.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 121263
Location: United States : Allentown, PA || United States : Parsippany, NJ
Function: Logistics & Supply Chain Management
Career Level: Experienced professionals (2-5 years)
Legal Entity: Evonik Corporation
Business Line: Logistics
What we offer
Do you want to collaborate on exciting and challenging topics with a respected team of dedicated innovators? Our work is exciting and creative. We offer a collaborative culture with top-notch colleagues to fully support your transition to your team. We appreciate & reward your hard work, perseverance, and learning orientation. Who you are matters here. You can explore new ways of thinking and develop fully as a professional while mentoring and coaching staff. We treat each other with dignity and respect; appreciate differences; and view diversity as one of our greatest assets. We observe human rights not only within our company, but also expect it from our suppliers and customers.
In 2009, the German Hertie Foundation identified Evonik Industries AG as a family-friendly employer. We promote work-life balance and are committed to providing a workplace that adapts to the needs of people from all walks of life.
What's it really like to work for Evonik? Click here to meet our team.
This role owns creating the organizational design, culture and processes to ensure the Evonik Corp. Transportation Team, Transportation 3PL and all key stakeholders (Customer Service, Warehousing, etc) are aligned and positioned to deliver benchmark industry On-Time goals and support Evonik Corp Commercial goals. Transportation Manager has responsibility for NA transportation 4PL (processes and transport efficiency) and on-time performance (pick-up and delivery) for outbound goals. Beyond operational responsibility, the Transportation Manager also owns future initiative work to ensure best in class systems and relationships in place to keep Evonik Corp at the forefront of the industry trends. This position can be based in Parsippany, NJ or Allentown, PA.
- Delivers On-Time service according to internal Evonik Corp goals and customer/ industry mandates.
- Provide data to support efforts to establish competitive freight rates and efficient, effective carrier utilization for Evonik Corp Business Lines.
- Owns Monthly/Annual score carding process for Evonik Corp BL Leadership; including gap analysis.
- Organizational Leadership and management to ensure right design and culture is in place to support service and coast goals.
- Leads relationship with a 4PL and manages performance and improvement plans; including ensuring broader Evonik Corp supply (Customer Service, Warehouse, etc.) is connected and requirements are clear/met by 4PL.
- Collaborate with the Planning, Customer Service, Manufacturing and Logistics Center Leaders to ensure cost, service and financial goals are met.
- Guide the activities of the TMS to ensure corporate objectives in cost and service are achieved and that carriers have the tools needed to succeed consistently and over the long term.
- Support the transportation cost improvements projects and future initiatives to ensure Evonik Corp has best in class industry tools, process and relationship.
- Manages (3) Logistics Mode Managers focused on:
- Export Logistics – Ocean/ Air
- Full Truck Load Domestic Shipments
- Less than truckload Domestic/Canada and Gateway Warehouse
Manages (1) Temp Employee (IV - Intercompany Orders)
Manage (5) Plant Transportation planners
- BS/BA or other related degree preferred
- 10+ yrs. experience in Transportation, Distribution or Supply Chain fields preferred
- Deep knowledge of the North American transportation Market, established relationships with major carriers and best in class tools and processes.
- Must possess knowledge of and work in accordance with applicable Department of Transportation regulations and company Environmental and Quality Management Systems. (IMDG, DOT, IATA, AAR and TDG)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills, and negotiating skills. Able to interact with, and communicate with, all levels of Evonik employees and partners.
- Demonstrated ability to direct and negotiate with transportation providers.
To ensure the fastest process of your application and to protect the environment, please apply online via our careers portal at https://careers.evonik.com.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 121263
Evonik Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Evonik will not accept any unsolicited application documents sent by staffing firms. Evonik works in conjunction with preferred service providers and will not pay any fee to staffing firms in the absence of an appropriate framework agreement. Should Evonik receive a candidate profile from a staffing firm with which it has no framework agreement, and should this candidate subsequently be considered in the recruitment process or offered employment, no claims from the staffing firm will be entertained in this regard.