Imagine a job where you will have the opportunity to do exciting and challenging work, while collaborating with extraordinary colleagues. A company that invests in you and your career, providing the training, mentoring, development and support you need to be successful now and in the future. If you want a career without limits with a market-leading family-owned, global company where you can make an impact, then imagine an opportunity at Heraeus. Every day, our worldwide team of nearly 15,000 employees are bringing forward new ideas and solutions that are impacting and transforming everything from healthcare to renewable energy to e-mobility to high-tech and telecommunications.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Maintain procedures and comply with relevant state/country and international law and process.
- Maintain necessary documentation and on line forms for the cost-effective and lawful execution of all import/export activities.
- Maintain and share with local management, personal knowledge of all relevant import/export law and procedures, tariffs and duties, licenses and restrictions.
- Communicate and develop with US Custom Authorities and customers, as necessary to ensure efficient, positive and lawful relations.
- Research and report on future changes in import/export laws and regulations and plan company activities accordingly.
- Plan and implement strategically effective and relevant transport methods, which meet optimally the needs of the organization and its customers.
- Use personal initiative and judgment to develop effective and constructive contracts with freight forwarders and custom brokers.
- Maintain good communication with all departments to effectively manage customers and company’s environmental safety and interest.
- Control and Perform warehouse inventory on a quarterly basis.
What is required for this role:
- Must have a College degree, BS preferred
- Must have 2+ years of managerial experience in logistics and warehouse management.
- Experience as an Import/Export manager in a multinational, fast paced organization may also qualify.
If you want to do more than make a living, at Heraeus you can make a difference. We can provide you with the opportunity - and Open Space - where your ideas and career can grow and advance. We offer attractive compensation, top-notch benefits, and an ideal environment that supports your professional development. You can find more information at www.heraeus.com/careersusa.
Keywords: import export