Represent Textron Aviation Defense providing logistics support to the OCONUS program. This position assists with all logistics services and works directly with internal and external customers, along with suppliers to improve the overall performance.
I. Ability to read and comprehend aircraft technical publications, schematic diagrams, and engineering drawings.
II. Communicate technical concepts clearly to the customer and contractor keeping customer service and experience paramount while responsibly handling proprietary information.
III. Provide monthly activities, communications, analysis, suggested improvements and various other data to the Government as contract deliverables.
IV. Prepare Business Case Analysis (BCA) including resolution options and a recommended solution for of sustainment issues or to capitalize on opportunities identified in data analytics.
V. Interface with customers, subcontractors, and supplier counterparts regarding logistics elements on a daily basis.
VI. Participate in and provide logistics support/briefs to various levels of management as required.
- Independently determine and develop approaches to solutions with only general direction.
VIII. Provides oversight for all parts / logistical operations at the operational site and ensures compliance with all organizational, contractual, and customer driven requirements.
IX. Responsible for the implementation of (area of responsibility) policies, procedures, continuity books, etc.
X. Establishes and maintains necessary files and records pertaining to parts and/or logistics operations and/or inventory transactions.
XI. Assists the program office in ensuring all inventory-related contractual reports and deliverables are produced and delivered to the program office.
XII. Prepare shipping paperwork per local authority to ship items back to the US, (this is probably the most important function)
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Aviation, Logistics, Program/Project Management or other related field.
· Preferred experience in aviation logistics/supply support.
· Military or technical hands-on training is preferred.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Comfort working off-site, without close management proximity.
· Adaptability in dealing with people who are technically-focused as well as those focused on business processes.
· Strong command of MS Office tools.
· Ability to travel less than 10% of the time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.