Logistics Coordinator / Admin
Logistics company in Southwest Charlotte is looking for a Logistics Admin to join their team. Hours: 7:30-4:30, M-F; Pay: $14-15/hour; Temp to Hire.
- Provide direct support to the Logistics Administrator; assist in growing and maintaining customer accounts by ensuring data integrity, accurate and timely communication, setting appointments, and monitoring customer shipments.
- Enter loads in TMS
- Set and monitor pickup and delivery appointments
- Identify and solve possible issues
- Develop knowledge of each assigned account
- Assist with OS&D
- Request customer approvals for Detention, Layover, and Disposition
- Enters carrier rates on loads in BTMS
- Assists in SOP creation
- Use strong client relationships management skills
- Build and maintain existing relationships with shippers and consignees
- Demonstrate critical thinking ability
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently
- Demonstrate ownership; accountability always
- 1+ year of experience in logistics, transportation, retail, sales, and/or call center, as a team member performing duties in areas of business administration, sales, or logistics operations would be preferable.
- High School degree - Two-year degree would be preferable from an accredited institution or some work experience.
- Degrees in business administration, Logistics (transportation and / or distribution), or sales are preferred.
- Attention to detail is critical
- Excellent decision-making and critical thinking skills; ability to make practical and fair judgments.
- Effective customer service, negotiation, and communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work proactively and multi-task effectively
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Some knowledge in related technologies: Microsoft office, Transportation Management Systems (TMS), competitive pricing structures, and public policies such as DOT regulations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate to and influence prospects; foster useful business-to-business relationships and promote sales and goodwill within market segments of interest.
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands provide direct hire, executive search, temporary staffing, contract consulting and temp/contract-to-hire solutions to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future (TM)
$14.00 - $16.00 /hour