Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who take pride in their work and show dedication to their job. As the Logistics Planner Associate - International, your attention to the small details and strong work ethic will ensure our operations continue to run smoothly. You’ll play a critical role in helping us deliver superior service to our customers. Become a part of our rapidly-growing global team and we'll help you develop to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Schedule, coordinate and monitor providers and equipment to ensure daily transportation operations run safely, efficiently and on time
- Select transportation mode and carrier for all customer orders
- Plan freight loads, accept loads and coordinate loads with providers
- Work directly with international freight forwarders in the management and escalation of automotive-related materials
- Maintain computerized dispatch systems
- Input data and produce reports
- Assist in the development, planning and modification of daily schedules as appropriate
- Notify customer service and the operations manager on the status of shipments
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- 1 year of professional work experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain or Logistics Management
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including planned and unplanned overtime, which may include weekends
- Knowledge of shipping software
- Solid understanding of transportation operations
- Working knowledge of managing international tariffs and rates
- Experience with both imports and exports for Ocean and Air transportation
- Experience with international load planning on inbound and outbound U.S. shipments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.