GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
This position drives the Aerostructures North America (ANA) logistics and materials replenishment systems, with a focus on warehousing, consumption based replenishment, vendor managed inventory (VMI), and inventory management resulting in operational excellence, schedule stability and inventory optimization. The leader will coordinate with a team of planning, scheduling and supply chain professionals with responsibility across all site operations. The leader will be responsible and accountable for organizational alignment with a strategic plan and execution that may include third-party logistics (3PL) management and replenishment strategy policy adjustments across ANA processes.
• Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and distribution service
o Full life cycle of material through our factories
o ensure the effective use of internal capacity/resources
o use IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs
• Lead supply chain projects aiming at developing and continuously improving the end to end flow of material, efficient utilization of available capacities and resources, in a safe environment and in order to meet customer demand, enhance material flow and optimize inventory.
• Leader is accountable for the design and execution of demand planning and customer forecasting systems, supply planning, product deployment and expediting processes and the development and implementation of a stocking optimization model to minimize costs and inventory while delivering on service requirements.
• Ensure compliance to policies, standards and governance of supply chain processes through communication and training (train the trainer) of the supply chain team.
• Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelors degree in engineering, mathematics, science or business or a combination of 8+ years’ manufacturing planning experience considered in lieu of degree.
• Minimum of 5 years manufacturing planning experience.
• 3-5 years of management experience in Supply Chain or Manufacturing Planning/Scheduling
• Knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures including manufacturing planning and demand processes
• Expert MS Excel, Access DB, MS PowerPoint and SharePoint skills.
• Proficient use of ERP systems
• Knowledge of SIOP / MPS principles, tools and best practices
• Strong team leadership skills with direct reports and ability to communicate and facilitate across functional lines at all levels of site management
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.