Location: Flexible (Houston, Miami, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Atlanta, or Seattle)
Our client is a rapidly growing mid-market 3PL offering ship owners and management companies time-sensitive, single source delivery of ship spares and marine parts. It provides global air expedited spare parts distribution services for maintenance and emergency repair of ocean vessels, including parts routing, consolidation, international air expedited service and domestic transportation management. The company is served by an operational network of agents located in major ocean ports for warehousing and dock to deck delivery.
Qualified candidates must have prior direct sales experience selling marine products and services to ocean vessel owners and operators, preferably with selling 3PL air expedited services, especially spare parts logistics, and knowledge of ocean shipping. We will also consider candidates experienced in product and service sales to ocean vessel owners and managers. Based anywhere in the USA, the role will require travel.
It seeks to hire a Strategic Logistics Sales Executive responsible for managing existing customer relationships as assigned and securing new business for 3PL ship spares logistics services with ocean vessel owners and managers, and ship equipment manufacturers, which may involve multiple industries, like oil & gas, or vessel types, like container ships.
· Conduct direct sales to generate new business for 3PL consolidation and air expedited delivery of marine spare parts to ship owners and managers across multiple industries and vessel types.
· Execute the sales process including lead generation and qualification, contact management, networking and tradeshows, proposal development and RFP response, presentation and closing.
· Identify and develop new customers in market segments aligned with company’s strategic growth plan.
· Work with inside sales resources on lead generation and sales promotion.
· Use CRM to accurately track growth opportunities.
· Quarterback RFP responses collaborating closely with Operations and Finance.
· Negotiate and close deals by uncovering and addressing objections and concerns from the customer.
· Establish and maintain strong ties to existing customers through regular and consistent communication with key stakeholders to keep a pulse customer satisfaction and emerging service needs.
· Develop account plans to ensure growth and profitability, as well as to monitor service agreement expirations and prepare in advance for contract renewal.
· Maintain in-depth knowledge of market and competitive dynamics in the territory, especially freight forwarding, and position the company for competitive success.
· Create and maintain a pipeline report for review with leadership.
· Engage key resources as needed to develop solutions and proposals in Operations, Engineering/IT, Finance and HR.
· Enhance working relationships with existing agents and nurture new agent relationships.
· Create and present sales presentations and communications that are professional, compelling and effective.
· Assist with Marketing to develop sales collateral and support website SEO and social media efforts.
· Participate in industry events to attend, speak, display and engage existing and prospective customers.
· Anticipate industry trends, assess market opportunities, and craft annual business development plans.
· Travel regularly for existing and prospective account sales, industry events, and company functions.
· MUST have prior sales experience selling marine products and services to ocean vessel owners and operators.
· Prefer exposure to 3PL air expedited services, especially spare parts logistics, and knowledge of ocean shipping.
· Demonstrated skills in targeting, lead generation, sales promotion and marketing, direct sales, pipeline and customer relationship management, solution and proposal development, pricing/ costing, and CRM.
· Proficiency in PC-based desktop applications, including MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and web-based meeting and presentation applications.
· Ability to facilitate and motivate teams to produce innovative logistics solutions that meet customer needs within tight timeframes and contribute to building a positive work environment.
· Experience in preparing RFP responses collaborating closely with Operations and Finance.
· Demonstrated success in selling complex logistics solutions to senior level management through a consultative sales approach to target accounts. Strong candidates can demonstrate success in achieving multi-million-dollar sales.
· Ability to independently manage a sales pipeline of prospects and multiple business development proposals.
· Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and effectively communicate pricing data to internal and external customers.
· Entrepreneurial spirit for leadership and ability to collaborate.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills and expertise in consultative selling methods.
· Willingness to travel frequently for business visits.
· College degree preferred, especially in Supply Chain, Logistics or Business Management.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.