Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Primarily responsible for providing outstanding customer service for external customers to Pace Runners as it relates to dispatching drivers by utilizing excellent, in depth knowledge of the company's services and programs, as well as excellent knowledge of the customer and their needs.
- Assume the role of first point of contact to our drivers/operations by answering telephone calls/emails for PACE, then directing them to the appropriate person or attempting to resolve the customer's issue.
- Compile information and issue daily reports, reflective of customer specific requirements.
- Support Sales and Operations in any way necessary to fulfill complete customer satisfaction.
- Communicate and distribute information to various personnel within the company.
- Utilize computer and telephone to dispatch drivers from multiple locations throughout a given market.
- Understand the needs of our customers and use the tools provided to make Pace successful.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma s required, College degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of dispatch and/or customer service experience required.
- Experience working in the transportation industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and other computer programs.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills to ensure all work is completed in a timely manner.
- Outstanding communication skills to clearly articulate at all levels is critical.
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment: Essential functions are regularly performed without exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
- Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting for prolonged periods of time; extensive use of computer keyboard.
- Ability to see in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents.
- Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.