Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
NeoGenomics is looking for a Logistics Technician in Aliso Viejo, CA who wants to continue to learn in order to allow our company to grow.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
NeoGenomics Laboratories is comprised of a national team of experts in developing and delivering laboratory diagnostic and clinical trial services with a focus in cancer. Together, we work to solve the medical, scientific, and logistical challenges of making precise diagnoses, aiding in bringing new therapies to market and finding the unusual hallmarks of each patient’s disease that point the way to proper treatment.
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
Shift: Friday-Tuesday 9:30a-6p
The Logistics Technician will ensure proper handling of all specimens received and prepare specimens for laboratory testing. This position includes such functions as matching patient information, data entry, and scanning documents. This is entry level in the Logistics job category, and employees perform the full range of specimen processing procedures.
The objective for this role is to achieve desired level of competency and accuracy for the main department processes within 6 months. We will work productively and expertly to achieve company and departmental goals, as well as accurately follow Logistics Department SOPs for specimen handling, processing and shipping. You will assist in Accessioning as necessary.
- Receives and sorts specimens for testing
- Reviews all requisitions for missing information, works closely with Accessioning and Client Services to obtain missing information in a timely manner and distributes new information to all departments involved
- Uses company platforms to effectively communicate with internal staff
- Remains informed of all procedure changes pertaining to sample processing
- Performs quality assurance checks of incoming or outgoing samples.
- Attends department meetings and company in-service trainings to improve knowledge on testing and systems
- Returns slides and blocks to clients
- Utilize chain of custody logs for slides and blocks, ensure appropriate chain of custody for blocks and slides is followed. Lead Q/C workflow and reconciliation of blocks and the block log
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
- Follow Department’s procedures including specimen routing and handling. Recognize and take appropriate action in response to missing or lost blocks/slides and communicate these to Lead, Supervisor or Manager. Implement lost block/slide process to locate missing blocks/slides as required
- Works effectively with other departments to resolve and troubleshoot problems
Additional Responsibilities (may be assigned)
- Maintains or assists in maintaining inventory of the department
- May assist with coordinating trash and biohazard waste pick-ups and maintains documentation when necessary
- Receives incoming supplies and inventory to meet department needs.
- Serves as point of contact for the department; coordinates incoming and outgoing courier shipments, department mail and answers phone.
- Assists management and technical staff with administrative duties as needed
Experience & Required Qualifications:
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Minimum one (1) +years of experience equivalent to an Accessioning Technician preferred
- Proficient with MS Office programs
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- This role will work in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment and maintain production and quality standards.
- Additionally, you will be in at times a biohazard environment and align with safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual.