Kelly Services is seeking candidates for a Logistics Technician/Material Handler opportunity with an industry leading, Fortune 500, global, chemical manufacturing company in Auburn, MI!
3-2-2 12 hour shift
Train on days for 1 month then go to a rotating schedule every 4 weeks 6:30 am-6:30 pm then 6:30 pm-6:30 am.
Material Handlers are responsible for enabling Operators to complete the production schedule efficiently. They are responsible for, staging and prep of packaging materials, packaging products into finished goods and material movements throughout the site. This includes communication with all relevant departments, basic SAP transactions, and general labor around the site as directed by site Shift Activity Coordinators.
Candidates must be reliable, flexible, willing to learn and demonstrate good teamwork skills.
- Package products into drums, pails, cans, syringes, bottles, etc. by using various presses and pumps (1% accuracy targets) \t
- Manually assemble boxes and packaging material \t
- Material movement utilizing DC forklifts including but not limited to staging materials and supplies \t
- Assistance with warehouse activities and shipment preparation as needed \t
- Follow safety procedures including LOTO, waste disposal, PPE and equipment SOP’s. \t
- Follow Run sheet instructions (regarding packaging and cleaning) and execute on the floor.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Help production workers by performing duties of lesser skill, such as supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work areas and equipment \t
- Charge batteries for fork trucks, hand operated fork trucks and lifts \t
- Assistance with environmental activities \t
- Lift raw materials, finished products, and packed items manually up to 50lb \t
- Count finished products to determine if product orders are complete \t
- Load and unload items from machines, conveyors, and conveyances \t
- Apply labels to final shipment boxes and containers \t
- Perform ADC bar-coding for SAP transactions \t
- Ability to identify labeling and packaging of hazardous and non-hazardous materials \t
- Understand and follow 5S principles to provide and maintain a hazard free environment to meet cGMP and ISO requirements. \t
- Able to manipulate small packaging components IE: caps, foil bags
Knowledge and Abilities
- Basic computer skills, SAP experience is a plus. \t
- Basic knowledge of hand tools \t
- Basic mechanical aptitude \t
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to daily changing work tasks. \t
- High level of interpersonal, organizational, communication, and teamwork skills.
Education and Experience
- Valid Michigan driver’s license. MUST HAVE. \t
- Employee must successfully complete team specific checklists. \t
- Training profiles for this position are maintained within Diamond Learning
Mainly, work will be indoors involving the safe and proper handling finished silicone products. There is considerable walking, standing, bending and twisting required. Constant lifting of up to 50 lbs. is required when loading or packaging final products. Job requires ability to climb stairs and ladders occasionally.
Due to the high volume of responses anticipated, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the “submit your resume” button. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter listed below recruiting for this position by email. However, your resume must be received via the “submit your resume” button included within. Please contact recruiter Lindsay Pittwood with questions, concerns, or email applications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.