HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. Every day millions of people in more than 100 countries use our products and services to securely access physical and digital places. Over 2 billion things that need to be identified, verified and tracked are connected through HID Global’s technology. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. We work with governments, universities, hospitals, financial institutions and some of the most innovative companies on the planet—helping them to create trusting and trusted physical and digital environments so that they and the people who use them can fulfill their potential. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,500 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.
HID Global Controllers office, located in Long Beach, California, is a leader in the commercial security industry designing and manufacturing embedded controllers. We are currently seeking a Logistic & Warehouse Assistant Supervisor, a newly created position, to drive all aspects of logistics/warehouse functions. Good leadership skills, extremely motivated and attentive to details.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, flex spending and PTO to qualifying employees. Our office is a business casual working environment.
The position of Logistic & Warehouse Assistant Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all aspects of warehouse functions including receiving, storing, handling, shipping and preparing of shipping documentation for customer delivery while maintaining the warehouse in a safe and orderly fashion. This position will supervise warehouse associates and their daily responsibilities and duties.
- Manage oversight of daily shipping and warehousing activities.
- Prepare daily shipping / package documentation striving for 100% satisfaction on completeness, correctness, timeliness.
- Responsibility over department continuous improvement activities, KPI’s
- Responsibility as liaison with the key freight carriers.
- Serve as back-up person for responsible area (shipping, receiving, inventory control)
- Input received incoming materials
- Audit shipping Inv. (UPS, Fed Ex, DHL etc.)
- Owner of Customer RMA process
- Oversee execution of logistics / Warehouse activities:
- Receiving direct and indirect material coming into the building by vendors, customers, or other warehouses accurately and promptly using available databases, systems, etc.
- Verifies the quantity and description of materials received by checking merchandise against the packing list
- Prepares a receiving report if none is available
- Examine incoming shipments, reject damaged items and appropriately report/record any discrepancies
- To accurately place materials onto shelves, racks, or other designated storage areas in an orderly manner
- Attaches identifying tag or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers
- Assembles and fills orders to be assigned to production group.
- Preparation of shipments (inclusive of documentation, physical packaging, auditing, etc.)
- Audit all orders picked for accuracy and correct where necessary.
- Ensure warehouse/equipment is maintained on a regular basis
- Ensure Equipment is Safely operated in work area
- Ensure employees abide by safety guidelines and PPE requirements
- To accurately identify, stock, and count stock materials and non-stock materials stored in warehouse and production areas
- Responsible for addressing performance issues, safety issues, and coaching of warehouse employees on an as-needed basis
- Other office/warehouse related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required (some post-Secondary Education preferred)
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal required
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, QuickBooks.
- Prior experience with supervising a small group/team
- 2-3 years of warehouse and distribution experience a plus
- Able to identify product by size, type, style, color or product code
- Must be able to read orders/match orders on shipping tickets to items picked
- Above average math skills and reasoning skills
- High ability to understand and execute both verbal and written instructions
- Strong understanding of the warehouse and footprint
- Ability to work on complex tasks with minimal supervision.
- Work on-site out of the Long Beach location
The position of the Logistics & Warehouse Assistant Supervisor will be compensated with a base hourly salary commensurate with experience and meeting the above requirements and a benefits package.
- Minimal and local.
- High level of analysis and judgement skills
- Collaborative style characteristics with ability to partner appropriately with others in support of individual and team success.
- Communication: Articulates ideas in clear and concise manner. Provides relevant information using most appropriate means of communication based on the audience.
- Attentive and Active listener to ensure understanding of ideas/points of view from others.
- Ability to communicate professionally with *Customers, Carriers, Vendors, and Employees at all levels of the organization
- Displays appropriate assertiveness, balanced with tact, and diplomacy, when advocating point of view.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and plan your workload effectively
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to move/lift to 50 pounds unassisted
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee works primarily in an office environment, with in a well-ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels
- Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems. Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
HID Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
If you have a disability which limits your ability to apply online, please contact us at [email protected], to submit your expression of interest in a position with our Company.