Come join our team!
Full-time / Mon-Fri / Competitive wages and benefits
Coach Glass is looking for a Logistics and Warehousing Specialist. Coach Glass is a leading original equipment and after-market specialty vehicle glass supplier with four warehouses throughout the US. Our inventory includes windshields for conversion busses, motor coach, fire apparatus, specialty vehicles, transit and school busses. The ideal candidate for the Logistics and Warehousing Specialist will be self-motivated, a problem solver, enjoys providing excellent customer service and working in a team environment. As the Logistics and Warehousing Specialist, you will contribute to the overall success of the company. If this sounds like you, we would like to talk with you.
What we offer
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Vacation, sick time and holiday pay
- 401(K) Profit Sharing Plan, plus employer match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement
- In-house gym
- Subsidized monthly massage
The Logistics & Warehousing Specialist position works directly with the Director of Service and Logistics to evaluate improve and implement all operations including freight services and material logistics for all Coach Glass outbound, inbound, and warehousing logistics. The Logistics and Warehousing Specialist position requires someone with analytical skills and experience as a project manager to lead the improvements for the company.
Responsibilities of the Logistics and Warehousing Specialist
- Understanding of current logistic opportunities to move product in the most competitive and safest way from strategic locations around the country.
- Evaluate, configure and start up new warehousing locations to improve our service and sales.
- Ability to evaluate freight options and give recommendations based on proven data for cost, service and shipping times.
- Negotiate rates for services provided by 3PL, freight carriers or others offering services for our Logistics and Supply Chain
- Track and analyze freight and logistic options including performance cost and service.
- Evaluate the best solutions to select outside support to meet our logistics needs.
- Collaboration and partnership development with freight carriers and 3PL services.
- Evaluate opportunities and lead projects to build our business model.
- Ability to stay on top of new business trends and opportunities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Logistics and Warehousing Specialist Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years' experience in logistics and supply chain management.
- Must be able to provide exceptional customer service in written and verbal expression.
- Experience in data analytics
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Proven skills in project management.
- Experience in negotiations.
- Require pre-employment drug test and background check.
Competencies of the Logistics and Warehouse Specialist
- Excellent customer service
- Planning and organization
- Problem Solving
- Partnership development
- Interpersonal skills
- Close attention to details and accuracy
- Logistics knowledge