The planner will coordinate with dispatchers and drivers to ensure routes are maintained and effective, assist dispatchers in any way needed, and solicit shipments from Allied and other carriers (inside sales)
- Coordinate with Senior Planner to ensure all Allied, DOT, and DOD regulations are followed throughout department
- Attend planning meetings for consumer, national, and military accounts
- Maintain positive relationships with other agents, carriers, etc.
- Nightly and weekend dispatcher phone duties- approving funds and repairs for drivers via phone, text, and email, troubleshoot with drivers as needed on a rotating basis with other planners and dispatchers
- Attend dispatcher meetings
- Plan drivers schedules daily
- Review all bookings as received
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good understanding of driver and dispatcher relationships
- Good understanding of internal mechanics of industry
- Good people management skills
- Good knowledge of Excel, Google Maps, Outlook
Required Education and Experience:
- Required: Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Transportation
- Required: 5 years of experience in transportation and moving industry
- Office Environment
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Normal business hours are in shifts beginning at 6:30am and ending at 6:00pm. Required to work every other Saturday from 7:00am to 1:00pm. Rotating schedule of company phone overnight and on weekends as on-call dispatcher.
Take part in a company that has been successful for over 100 years and is still growing - join the Coleman Team today!