We are looking for a Pharmacist In Charge to join our team!
Under general supervision of the General Manager and in accordance with local, state, federal and company laws and regulations assure correct and safe supply of medical products to the client facilities.
· Evaluate medication orders for appropriateness of drug, dosage, potential interactions and proper administration.
· Ensure that dispense medicines are correctly supplied and labeled.
· Make recommendation for therapy changes to the physician and client facilities staff when necessary.
· Maintain customers’ database to include: medical history, clinical and laboratory data, etc.
· Investigate and resolve medication-related queries.
· Communicate with facilities’ nursing staff, physicians and other healthcare team members in regards to medication-related query.
· Supervise the preparation of any medicines.
· Maintain a register of controlled drugs for legal and stock control purposes.
· Maintain proper security conditions for medications.
· Perform “on-call” duties when required.
· Licensed Pharmacist in the State of OHIO and Kentucky
· 5-10 years of experience in Hospital and Retail pharmacy or other medical fields
Long Term Care experience preferred
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong organizational skills
· Computer skills
· Framework / DocuTrack software knowledge a plus