Substitute/Long Term Substitute Teacher
Crosby Elementary School
Southwest Local Schools-website
Responsible for instructing music to students in two K-5 elementary schools: Crosby Elementary (3 days) and Miamitown Elementary (2 days). Create lesson plans with provided guidelines.
- Develops and administers school elementary curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Instructs students in the principles of responsible citizenship and other subject matters specified in applicable laws, as well as administrative regulations and procedures of the Southwest LocalSchool system.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms with the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other elementary professional staff members, especially within grade level, to evaluate and assess curriculum, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
- Supervises students in activities that take place out of the classroom during the school day, including activities involving school transportation.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note:The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work
- Satisfactory BCI and FBI background checks are required.
- Bachelors Degree
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university.
- Teacher, once hired, will need to be a registered substitute teacher in the AESOP Substitute TeachingSystem.
- To get registered in AESOP you will need to create an account at: http://www.ccs-cog.org
- You will not need to go through their formalinterview process atAESOP (We will assist in acceptance through the system once everything has been completed and processedby AESOP)
- Salary is determined on consecutive days of teaching.
- Day 1- 10 - $92.00per day
- Day 11 - 20 - $95.00per day
- Day 21 - 59 - $100.00 per day
- If teacher misses a day during the first 59 days they will start over at Day 1.