Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Manager, Long-Term Forecasting will build and maintain long-term forecasts for Jazz. This role will develop models, gather assumptions from executive level cross-functional stakeholders, and incorporate data and inputs into dynamic models enabling scenario analysis. S/he will collaborate with the Dir, Long-Term Forecasting to prepare for forecast reviews with senior leadership. S/he will analyze actual performance versus projected performance and changes to market dynamics to identify key sources of variance and implications of variance. This individual will leverage external vendors as needed to support forecasting model development.
- Develop cross-functional business models to forecast key business drivers and results of Jazz’s performance
- Develop dynamic forecasts enabling scenario simulations and sensitivity analysis
- Partner with cross-functional teams (commercial, corporate development, new product planning, global molecule teams, etc.) to collect and document assumptions, and incorporate these inputs into long-term models
- Collaborate with external vendors on model development
- Review actual results and identify sources of variance between actuals and forecasts
- Assist in identifying drivers of variance and implications
- Support commercial operations and BD analysts during development of forecasts for launch projects
- Support socialization of forecasts, gaining alignment on inputs and assumptions, and securing approval from cross-functional stakeholders (including leadership)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 3+ years working with forecasting models and structured data in finance, consulting, operations, or data science
- Strong background and experience in statistical forecasting, advanced planning analytics, and data science
- Pharmaceutical / life sciences / biotech industry experience preferred
- Ability to partner cross-functionally to secure inputs and assumptions for forecasts
- Ability to integrate inputs from multiple models (business development, short-term, LCM) into long-term financial projections
- Familiarity with common data sources and forecasting methodologies applied in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong Excel-based modeling skills
- Ability to identify drivers of performance and root causes of variance between actual and projected performance
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes
- Frequent computer use at workstation
- May move from one work location to another occasionally
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.