Loss Control Specialist - Ag
We are seeking a loss control specialist focusing on the farm and agriculture market to enhance member service, growth and improve loss ratio by providing consultative support, loss control resources and recommendations to client members and agents to avoid or minimize loss.
Who We Are: At Farm Bureau Financial Services, our client/members can feel confident knowing their family, home, cars and other property are protected. We value a culture where integrity, teamwork, passion, service, leadership and accountability are at the heart of every decision we make and every action we take. We’re proud of our more than 75-year commitment to protecting the livelihoods and futures of our client/members and creating an atmosphere where our employees thrive.
What You’ll Do: As Loss Control Specialist, you will work with our client members and agents to evaluate losses and exposures, and provide solutions to mitigate risks. Responsibilities include:
- Conducting on-site surveys to investigate and analyze risk exposures and loss experience on farm/ag accounts and recommend solutions to assist client/members in avoiding or reducing loss.
- Providing risk assessment and risk improvement consultation on accounts of various sizes selected by factors including premium, loss experience, exposures, and other criteria.
- Serving as a technical consultant and partner with our agency force in the delivery of loss control services to client members by presenting workshops, seminars, and/or training.
- Providing assistance in the selection and re-underwriting of AgMax, commercial, and workers compensation business in conformance with existing company practices and guidelines.
- Responding to and resolving customer service requests according to Company policies in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner for external customers, department staff, and other Farm Bureau personnel.
- Assisting in conducting loss control training programs.
- Participating in the development and research of innovative, distinctive and cost effective loss control services and tools to identify and quantify risk, and reduce losses to improve our processes and profitability. Participate in building and maintaining our risk management services library.
What It Takes to Join Our Team:
- College degree or equivalent plus five years of relevant experience required. ARM, CSP or other safety-related designation is a plus.
- Substantial experience working with farm or agriculture operations is required. Prior insurance loss control or safety experience in agriculture, farm or ranch is strongly desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and customer service aptitude required.
- Analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Must have ability to manage tasks and/or projects in a timely manner within performance standards.
- Ability to work independently, proactively and maintain flexible working hours, including frequent overnight travel.
- Must be able to work under all kinds of weather conditions and perform safety and property inspections that may require moving over uneven terrain, climbing, and other physical tasks to fully appraise all physical aspects of property and buildings. May be required to infrequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must have valid driver’s license. A company vehicle is provided.
- Computer/keyboard skills as appropriate to this position with MS Office Suite skills preferred.
What We Offer You: When you’re on our team, you get more than a great paycheck. You’ll have career development and educational opportunities, an enhanced 401K with a match, low cost health, dental, and vision benefits, life and disability insurance options, and paid time off, including holidays and volunteer time, as well as a company vehicle and cell phone. We have casual Fridays and a great team atmosphere. Farm Bureau….where the grass really IS greener!
If you're interested in joining a company that appreciates its employees, provides growth and professional development opportunities, and offers great benefits, we invite you to apply today!