Arcadis is currently searching for a Louisiana Community Resilience Practice Leader, with a minimum of 10 years work experience specifically in the field of resilience, hazard mitigation, and / or economic development to lead Arcadis’ community resilience planning and consulting practice in the state of Louisiana.
The new team member, with the support of a nationally recognized technical staff, will help further grow the team and utilize their expertise and technical knowledge of riverine and coastal floodplain management and resiliency to serve as a technical leader, thought leader, and manager in the development of floodplain policy, watershed management, resilient community transformation strategies, and implementation. The practice leader should have a proven reputation as a trustworthy and authentic team builder that successfully executes projects and develops client relationships.
Position requirements may include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating with local and nationwide teams for project delivery
- Serving as a floodplain management program technical leader and advisor; policy advisor for flood risk assessments and analysis, mapping and flood system operations
- Project management, including project budgets, scopes, schedule, and staffing
- Staff growth and mentorship, team building
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Will need to be comfortable leading development of technical reports, client meetings and communications, business development (proposal development, client interviews and presentations, conference presentations, ongoing client management), etc.
- Promoting the application of technologies (floodplain analysis models, tools, GIS Automation, etc.), and research new and emerging technologies to bring efficiency and clarity to assignments.
- Developing flood risk mapping, reporting, and presentation materials to communicate and inform communities and stakeholders regarding flood risks.
- Helping to build partnerships, consensus, and strategies toward the implementation of key programs, policies, and projects
- Preparing holistic watershed and resiliency plans to protect communities from flooding and protect water quality.
- A diverse background and an interest in learning various aspects of water resources planning and design are desired. This position provides an opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects using diverse, integrated teams with disciplines ranging from hazard mitigation planners, coastal engineering experts, riverine and watershed analysts/engineers, water quality specialists, landscape architects and urban designers, economists, finance experts, and social vulnerability professionals
- Planning, analysis and design of stormwater BMPs and green infrastructure, stormwater conveyance, flood protection, etc.
- Serving as panelist on committees to help develop floodplain management programs for state and local governments.
- Mentoring junior staff and others and will need excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience in growing and developing teams, mentoring staff
- Seller doer capabilities - demonstrated experience in juggling client relationships and staff development for project delivery
- Demonstrated thought leadership in the field of resilience (social, as well as the natural and built environment)
- Demonstrated experience in developing innovative policy and project implementation solutions
- Demonstrated success in building partnerships, consensus building, and / or dispute resolution
- Demonstrated expertise in at least one of the following: economic evaluations and benefit cost analysis, climate science, big data, growth management and public policy development, insurance and finance, program development and management
- Funding and grant management experience a plus
- Team-building and collegial decision making mentality is an absolute must. Must be equally comfortable acting autonomously or as an integral part of a team. The following statement must resonate with the appropriate applicant: “Every team member, from grade 0 to CEO is a valuable asset with important contributions and potential. I will sometimes lead, sometimes follow, and will play the role most needed.”
- Familiarity with National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) floodplain management regulations and the Community Rating System
- Familiarity with Louisiana-based, national, and international resiliency efforts.
- Ability to relocate to Louisiana for this position
- Masters in Urban Planning or related field (e.g., Economics, Civil/Environmental Engineering, Environmental or Climate Science)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in floodplain management, water resources planning, consensus building, policy analysis, and / or nonstructural program management
Why Choose Arcadis
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business Line
Water, perhaps the world’s most critical resource, can both sustain and destroy. As a global top five player in water services, we focus on the entire water cycle – from source to tap and back again – while also managing rivers and coastal zones, urban and rural water, and issues related to climate change and rising sea levels. Join our specialist teams of engineers, scientists and consultants and be uniquely positioned to provide safe and secure water technology that is built to withstand and support the demands of a rapidly changing world.