Full benefits available after 30 days of employment! Full-time, direct hire position!
Job Summary: (100% Travel Required)
The Communications Technician II must possess the ability to perform the technical responsibilities of a Cable Installer and function as a lead member of a technical team. The Technician II will coordinate small groups of installers in the performance of daily workload including adherence to Company safety and quality standards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- The Communications Technician II must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
- The Communications Technician II must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
- The Communications Technician II must be able to act as the Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s).
- The Communications Technician II must possess proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
- The Communications Technician II must be able to work at heights, off of a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
- The Communications Technician II must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
- The Communications Technician II must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
- Tools: screwdriver (regular and Phillips), drywall saw, torpedo level, tape measure, snips (with belt sheath), pliers (needle nose and channel locks), hammer, cable stripper, flashlight, and gloves.
Punch tool with 110 block and 66 block blade, tone set, 6/8 position combo crimp tool, and Krone/3M/BIX.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
- Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency.
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of experience in telecommunications or related technical field and demonstrate the ability to supervise others.
- Must possess and be proficient with the listed tools.
- Must have proven skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
- Must know the universal communications color codes.
- Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
Minimum EducationHigh School
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES’s 2019 fiscal year ending September 30, 2019 IES produced over $1.1 billion in revenue and employed over 5000 employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United States. IES is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Females. Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans Encouraged to Apply.
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS. NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company’s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. "EEO is the Law" poster | "EEO is the Law" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work