Basic Job Function Summary: In Accordance with the Trinity Health at Home (THAH) Mission, The Hospice Medical Director will be responsible for the overall medical direction of patient and family services. The Hospice Medical Director will work with the Executive Director, Director of Clinical Services and Hospice Supervisors to plan and evaluate clinical services. Serve on the Executive Team at the program level.
Support Provider Relations activities, and provide input to the CPI Committee. Assume a leadership role on the Ethics Committee.
Supervision Received: Reports to executive director. Works in collaboration with the Chief Medical Officer
Supervision Exercised: THAH Hospice and Palliative Care hospice physicians have an A2 or matrix reporting relationship into this role.
- A physician (Medicine doctor, M.D. or Doctor of Osteopathy, D.O) licensed to practice medicine in state(s) practicing.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle required; must possess a valid drivers license and have access to a functional automobile during work hours.
- Demonstrate ability to assess, plan, evaluate and analyze nursing aspects of patient/family care and work in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated experience/ability to lead people centered care to patients and families including the psychosocial, spiritual, and multicultural domains of care
- Demonstrated competence in verbal ,written, and word processing communication
- Demonstrated ability to manage time, meet scheduling targets, and function in an autonomous manner
- Ability to consistently demonstrate commitment to the mission and Organizational Code of Ethics and adhere to the Compliance Program.
- Board Certification in Hospice & Palliative Medicine or commitment to work toward board certification in Hospice & Palliative Care
- Credentialing at one or more hospitals commonly serving patients in the hospice service area or commitment to obtaining credentialing at one or more hospitals commonly serving patients in the hospice service area.
About Loyola Medicine Home Care and Hospice
Loyola Medicine Home Care and Hospice is a member of Trinity Health At Home, a national home care, palliative care and hospice organization serving communities in nine states. We are a comprehensive, trusted provider of home care and end-of-life care in the sacred place that people call home. A Catholic-based, non-profit organization, we serve patients and their loved ones with home care (skilled nursing, physical/occupational and speech therapy and medical social work), palliative care, hospice and bereavement services. Our legacy continues with a pioneering, future-thinking care model. We blend clinical expertise with our exclusive Home Care Connect™ virtual care program to help patients achieve their health goals. We have energizing new vision and strategy. Join us and shape the future of healthcare!
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.