It's more than a career, it's a callingOK-SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma City
Looking for a LPN opportunity where patients come first and you are valued as a team member? This position is full time working with our Nephrology clinic. The clinic hours are from 8am – 5pm. As a LPN, you will be a vital member of the care team for our patients. At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate people like you.
Job Summary:Provides care to patients under the direction of a registered nurse or physician, functioning within the scope of license.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Contributes to the assessment of patients and ensures the well-being of patients.
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
- Performs laboratory tests and therapeutic services.
- Educates patients/families about disease treatment plan including self care post discharge, holistic health needs, available resources and follow up care.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- No experience required
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - State of Work Location or Compact Multi-State License
Work Shift:Day Shift (United States of America)
Department:50900040 Nephrology OH HR
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.