Thomas Allen is Hiring for a Licensed Practical Nurse!
LOCATION: Crystal, MN
- Monday - Friday 3pm - 11pm
- E/O Saturday & Sunday 3pm - 11pm
JOB SUMMARY: As an LPN at our Group Home in Crystal, you will have the primary responsibility of providing medical services, supportive medical guidance, supervision, and service outcome plan implementation to 4 individuals who are low-functioning and with high medical needs.
- Reposition individuals served according to individual Health Care or Coordinated Service and Support Plans
- Assist with laundry and light household cleaning
- Log and ensure that medication and other medical plans are followed, passing medications, and reviewing and updating medication sheets
- Taking telephone orders, faxing orders, and ordering medications as needed
- Accompany individuals served to medical appointments
- Monitor vital signs, perform respiratory therapy, physical therapy, administer shots, suctioning, etc.
- Monitor and maintain proper functioning of gastrostomy tubes, catheters, feeding tubes and pumps, and other specific medical equipment
- Assist with ADLs such as self-care, preparing meals, providing transportation, and budgeting
- Other duties as assigned by the RN Consultant or Program Manager
- Minnesota State issued LPN license
- At least one year of experience working with persons with intellectual/physical disabilities
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs and perform a 2-person Hoyer transfer
- Willing to commit to and implement person-centered supports
- Department of Human Services background clearance
- Valid driver's license, acceptable driving record, and proof of auto insurance required
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both written and verbally
To view other open positions, clickhere.
Thomas Allen, Inc. is a social services agency that provides person-centered services to individuals with disabilities. Proudly, we offer a diverse array of services including residential group home support, case management, and guardianship.
Thomas Allen is known as a reputable and growing agency that delivers trusted and dependable services, which is made possible through the talent, skills, and commitment shared by a team of over 700 employees. As our agency continues to grow, we are looking for team members who are passionate about providing respectful and responsive services that empower those we support to live meaningful and purposeful lives.0