ALL INTERVIEWS ARE BEING CONDUCTED VIRTUALLY DURING THE COVID-19 EMERGENCY.
VENTILATOR & TRACH EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
This role is with ONE non-COVID-19 patient. Very low exposure to coronavirus.
- Pediatric patient (baby)
- 8-hour ongoing consistent shifts in one location (no driving from place to place)
- Work 1:1 with the patient in their home
- Flexible hours - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift
- Full-time, part-time, and per diem opportunities available
- Medical & dental + 401K + Paid Time Off
We are looking for nurses interested in learning or growing in the specialty of in-home complex, continuous care with adults & children, an in-demand and growing area of expertise.
1. Complete the Allumé shadowing and mentoring program during the first 90 days of employment, enabling you to feel successful in your job
2. Learn to document using our electronic medical records system and to utilize good documentation to communicate with your team
3. Participate in a committed care team for 1-2 medically fragile patients and learn the clinical skills needed to care for their specific needs
4. Demonstrate the ability to handle emergent situations that may arise with medically fragile patients in the field
5. Curated Care Planning - identify ways to improve and maintain the wellness and well-being of your patients by contributing to their Curated Care Plan - a plan of care specifically designed for their needs (that goes beyond the medical)
- Complex Nursing Care - Nursing care for medically fragile children and adults who may require the following interventions: tracheostomies, ventilators, g/j-tubes, respiratory vest treatments, nebulizers, catheters, etc.
- Shift Nursing - Provides visits or shifts (typically 8-hours) for clients as directed by the RN Case Manager and articulated in the physician-ordered Plan of Care.
- Timely Communication. Communicates information on a timely basis. Communicates verbally, as needed, and through complete and accurate documentation in the clinical record.
- Change in Condition. Communicates appropriate status/condition changes to the RN Case Manager per agency guidelines.
- Clinical Documentation. Completes clinical documentation within 24-hours of shift.
- Reporting. Ensure safe continuity of care by communicating clearly to the next nurse or caregiver of the patient status, stats, activity, behaviors, etc.
- Safety Measures. Recognizes and responds appropriately to potentially unsafe situations. Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment. Makes recommendations on improvement of safety.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Current license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse in the state of Connecticut.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in an acute care setting or equivalent experience.
- CPR certified.
- Demonstrated written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Licensed driver with a reliable and insured automobile.
Allumé Home Care surrounds patients, families, employees, and communities with Remarkable Care™. We are a Connecticut licensed home health agency serving Western Connecticut with skilled medical services 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Allumé specializes in continuous, long-term care of children and adults with complex, high-tech needs.
Allumé is an equal opportunity employer. We employ the most qualified individuals for all positions within the organization and will provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, creed, sex, national origin, age, handicap, sexual orientation, marital status, or veteran status. Allumé is committed to maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
G-tube, Trach, and Ventilator experience required*