Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science.Advancing medicine.Healing made personal.
Dept- 913- North Shore Gen Overhead-OFFS
REQ # 2663568
Job Title:Licensed Practical Nurse
Under supervision of a physician or registered nurse, assists physician in rendering patient care by performing routine nursing tasks.
Roles amp; Responsibilities:
- Maintains examining room in proper order by assuring that it is clean, neat and well equipped, cleans medical/surgical instruments and maintains supplies at par level.
- Assists physician in examination of the patient and in such procedures as sigmoidoscopy and performs venipuncture, EKGs and taking of vital signs and administers immunizations and injections.
- Ensures proper flow of patients into exam rooms by periodically checking with secretarial orCentral Registration staff and surveying waiting room. Notifies physicians or Office Manager of problems, delays or irregularities in the schedule.
- Performs administrative tasks as needed. Answers inquiries made by patients and/or other callers.
- Performs patient health teaching and counseling either face to face or on the telephone.
- Calls prescriptions into pharmacies.
- Documents appropriately in the medical record.
- Completes forms requiring pertinent medical data (school forms and immunization records).
- Maintains medical records according to established policy and procedure, when needed.
- Sterilizes instruments and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must hold a current New York state nursing license.
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- Active BLS card from the American Heart Association
- Ability to read and write and perform basic arithmetic calculations in order to take and record height, vital signs and to comprehend and follow verbal instructions when assisting physician(s).
- Knowledge of basic biology, anatomy and physiology, typing and medical terminology is required.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to interact effectively with patients, physicians and other practice personnel.
- Ability to work independently, concentrate and pay attention to detail.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet wersquo;re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinairsquo;s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Lukersquo;s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Shift : Full-time
Primary Location: New York-Greenlawn