As the multi-specialty group practice for the faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota Physicians has more than 950 physicians and 1,600 health professionals, providing clinical care in over 100 specialty and sub-specialty areas. Our mission is three-fold: delivering exceptional patient care, advancing medicine through research, and training the next generation of health professionals.
Regardless of role we at the University of Minnesota Physicians recognize that every member of our team is vital. The LPNs who work at UMPhysicians interact consistently with patients under the direction of a provider, authorized practitioner or RN and help to create and foster an environment of healing and education. UMPhysicians also emphasizes an inclusive, team-focused atmosphere; as such our LPNs are integral to helping us develop the next processes needed to ensure our patients well-being. Our LPNs utilize and develop their skills in a rewarding clinic environment that is on the cutting edge of medicine.
This role is ina pediatric clinic that focuses on thecare of children with cancer, blood disorders and other pediatric health challenges. It is a vibrant fast-paced setting in which we practice family -centered care and use a multi-disciplinary approach to caring for children with complex illnesses.
- Graduate of an accredited post-secondary practical nursing program.
- Current Minnesota LPN License
- Previous ambulatory care experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collects data for patient assessments and documents in the patient's medical record.
- Reports unusual data or changes in patient condition to the RN, or physician/authorized practitioner in a timely manner.
- Prioritizes work based on patient acuity, available resources, and patient/family preferences, in collaboration with the RN or authorized provider.
- Performs high and low risk technical procedures, including medications.
- Implements assigned aspects of the patient teaching plan.
UMPhysicians offerscompetitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.