- The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for providing optimal, safe, and effective nursing care to the SFF patient utilizing the nursing process, hospital policies and procedures, and professional nursing standards. Demonstrating critical thinking, scientific judgment and leadership in the daily planning of patient care.
- Graduate of Licensed Practical Nursing program.
- Current temporary or permanent WV LPN license or new graduate proof of intent to test.
- Employment in this position is contingent upon successful licensure as a LPN.
- One or more years of hospital nursing is preferred.
- Telemetry experience preferred.
- Commensurate experience is acceptable.
- Healthcare provider BLS validation within 60 days of employment, with revalidation per AHA guidelines.
- ACLS validation required within 60 days of employment per AHA guidelines.
- PALS validation preferred within 1 years of employment per AHA guideline.
JOB SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
HOURS OF WORK
- Must be able to work scheduled hours as dictated by business needs including flexing up and down to volume demand.
- Applicable Populations Served for this Position
- Neonate (0 to 1 Month)
- Pediatric Infant (1 Month to 12 Months)
- Pediatric Child (1 Year to 12 Years)
- Adolescent (13 Years to 17 Years)
- Adult (18 Years to 64 Years)
- Geriatric (65 Years and Older)
- Exposure is Rare, Frequent, Continual or Not Applicable
- Toxic/Caustic Chemicals or Detergents - Rare
- Extreme Conditions, Hot or Cold - Rare
- Dust/Fumes/Gasses - Rare
- Moving Mechanical Parts - Frequent
- Potential Electric Shock - Rare
- X-Ray or Other Electromagnetic Energy - Frequent
- High Pitched Noises - Rare
- Needles or Other Sharp Objects - Continual
- Blood or Body Fluids Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP) - Continual
- Communicable Disease (Tuberculosis, Meningitis, etc) - Continual
- Unprotected Heights - Rare
- CRT (Computer) Monitor - Continual
- Frequent Repetitive Motions - Continual
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Use is Rare, Frequent, Continual, or Not Required
- Respirator; Breathing Equipment - Rare
- Eye Protection - Frequent
- Head Covering - Rare
- Hearing Protection - Rare
- Hand Protection - Continual
- Body Protection - Frequent
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Initial and continuing education, including OSHA/Universal Precautions as listed in the Education Guidelines will be provided to all employees.