LPN Physician Office FT Days AdventHealth Sebring
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Assists with rooming patients for appointments. Obtains accurate temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, height and weight. Documents correctly on progress note.
- Prepares patient for physical examination. Screens patients for appropriate information. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests.
- Explains procedures, treatments, and nursing care to patients and when necessary to significant others prior to implementation.
- Oversees appointment scheduling to ensure triage preferences are given to patients in emergency situations.
- Use proper injection techniques. Maintains a sterile technique.
- Documents all phone conversations regarding patients and recommendations. Documents all prescriptions called to any pharmacy as ordered by the physician.
- Assures that physician has reviewed and signed all reports.
- Documents all test results, making notes of abnormalities and stat information. Posts test and examination results in patient chart.
- Reviews patient charts to ensure that all test results and correspondence are present prior to the physician seeing the patient.
- Assists with the preparation of equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination, and testing of patients.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with FHHD policy and procedures and nursing standards. Documents medications completely in the patients chart after they are given
- Reviews appointment bookings and ensures preferences are given to patients in emergency situations. Maintains timely flow of patients.
- Responds to and returns in-coming telephone calls in a timely manner. Instructs patient and family regarding medication and treatment instructions.
- Responsible for preparation of exam rooms including restocking of treatment areas and disinfecting of exam tables and counters.
- Practices Body Substance Isolation. Ensures that PPE is available at all times in each exam room.
- Demonstrates responsibility/knowledge about commonly used medication.
- Completes Nursing Procedure Log accurately on a daily basis.
- Maintains medication safely by monitoring refrigerator and freezer temperatures and dating multi-dose vials when opened. Ensures that no expired medications are available for use.
- Follows Florida Hospital Heartland Division policy on cleaning and sterilization of instruments. Completes Florida Hospital Heartland Division Sterilization Load Record accurately and completely.
- Counts controlled narcotics daily.
- Maintains tickler file for laboratory testing. Reviews on a daily basis.
- Display a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth.
- Continuously strives to improve patient satisfaction by going above and beyond their expectations
- Pro-actively initiate quality improvement ideas/suggestions
- Support the development of staff teamwork by being willing to assist patients, visitors and co-workers when necessary to facilitate a smooth workflow.
- Maintain the confidentiality of employees' and patients' administrative and medical information, with no infractions.
- Adheres to the FHHD Corporate Compliance Plan, and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies
- Must be willing to float to other FHHD practices, within reason, when patient load, vacation schedules etc. make it necessary.
- Completes special projects or performs other duties as assigned by the Practice Manager in a timely manner.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Graduate of an Approved School of Practical/Vocational Nursing
- State of Florida License in Licensed Practical Nurse
- BLS from the American Heart Association
The Licensed Practical Nurse, under the direction of the Practice Manager and/or Clinical Supervisor, provides nursing care to patients. Assists in patient education. Assists physician during treatment and examination of patient and administers procedures and treatments as ordered by the physician. Maintains equipment, medications and work environment to the standards outlined in the FHHD Policy and Procedure manual.