Education: Graduate from accredited School of Licensed Practical Nursing. Active Florida LPN license.
Experience: Minimum of 2-years acute care experience in ER or Critical Care, Urgent care or Intermediate Care Unit.
Other Requirements: Current CPR certification. ACLS & PALS certification to be completed within 6 months of employment. IV certification within 6 months of employment.
- Promotes delivery of care services to meet expectations of patients and physicians. Facilitates flow of patients within the department.
- Identifies and evaluates the emergent needs of the U/C patient. Assess and ensures orders for meds/diagnostic services and referrals complete.
- Assists the physician with patient examination and medical procedures.
- Identifies educational needs of patient and family and provides instruction.
- Documents information in the medical record regarding care, meds, procedures, and status.
- Recognizes and responds to emergent situations as appropriate.