The Entry Level Technician I is expected to:
Protect the legal, financial and moral wellbeing of the Larry H. Miller Dealerships'.
Perform lube, oil, filter and multipoint service for customer vehicles.
Seek ways to improve business operation efficiencies and customer service.
Be a teacher to support the efforts of other employees to be successful.
Essential Job Functions:
* Ensure Maximum Production and Customer Service.
* Perform all lube, oil, filter and multi-point inspection processes to ensure proper diagnoses.
* Assess any supplemental vehicle needs.
* Perform quality service at all times and notify management of any substandard processes, parts or procedures.
* Achieve customer service satisfaction through prompt and accurate service and communication.
* Follow policies and procedures as per your specific manufacturer(s) manual.
* Maintain employee, customer and vendor confidence while protecting operations by exercising discretion when handling sensitive confidential information.
* Complete and maintain all Larry H. Miller Dealerships' required training.
* Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times and adhere to all OSHA/EPA requirements.
* Maintain ability to handle job stress and effective interaction with others in the workplace.
* Perform all other job duties as requested by management.
* Operate with Integrity
* Demand the highest ethical standards from self and others.
Maintain composure within the workplace as well as outside the workplace when interacting or representing the Larry H. Miller Dealerships'.
* Set an example of positive attitude and professionalism, including a neat, orderly and safe work environment.
Must be 18 years of age or older to qualify for this position.
* High school diploma or the equivalent.
* 1 year as a technician's apprentice preferred.
* Maintain valid driver's license and MVR record within company policy requirements.
* Applicable Factory training credentials.
* Active Learning- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
* Learning Strategies- Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
* Communication- Basic ability to read and write, ability to effectively convey information to others, apply active listening by taking the time to understand the points being made by employees and customers, being aware of other's reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
* Social Perceptiveness- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
* Critical thinking- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
* Repairing- Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
* Troubleshooting- Determine causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
* Quality Control Analysis- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
* Knowledge of Larry H. Miller Dealerships' current company management systems desirable.
* Interacting with Computers- Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information. Knowledge of Microsoft Office products is required.
* English Language- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Ability to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
* Customer and Personal Service- Knowledge of principles and process for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
* Mechanical- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
* Hazardous Materials- General knowledge of proper procedures and safety measures for handling items that may contain hazardous materials.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Adaptability- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Selective Attention- Concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
Making Decisions and Solving Problems- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Interpersonal Skills- Maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
Leadership- Ability to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction while setting an example of ethical practices for all employees.
Compliance- Understanding of and adherence to all Company standards, state and federal laws and regulations as well as product pricing guidelines of all lenders, agencies or business partners.
Customer Service- Providing excellent customer service through the defined Larry H. Miller processes which promote efficiencies, fairness and cost effectiveness.
Ethics/Integrity- Representing the Larry H. Miller Dealerships' by conducting yourself in a professional and courteous manner that demonstrates integrity and avoiding actual or perceived conflicts of interest. Complying with company standards and business ethics.
Oral Communication- Clearly identifying and professionally expressing issues in positive or negative situations.
Planning/Organizing- Prioritizing and planning work activities and using time effectively.
Quality- Demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness and monitoring your work to ensure quality.
Dependability- Consistent, punctual attendance at work; following instructions; responding to management direction; and soliciting feedback to improve performance.
Time management- The ability to integrate methods of time management to provide a consistent and effective workflow that is cohesive for the department and team.
Safety and Security- Observing safety and security procedures and using equipment and materials properly.
Company management reserves the right to add to, change or retract portions of this job description. Employee is required to adhere to the qualifications, duties and conditions of any revised job description.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled