Loyola Medicine, treating the whole person with compassion—to ""also treat the human spirit."" The GI Lab at Loyola Medical Center seeks a full time GI Lab Tech to assist with the set up of rooms and equipment before and after endoscopic procedures. Hours: Full time, four, 10 -hour shift; Days Location: Loyola Medical Center- Maywood, IL Required Schedule: • Four, 10 hour shift • Day shift; techs at times may need stay until 6pm • Start times/hours are staggered • Every other Saturday rotation between staff • Some holidays required; varies on staff needs • No on-call The GI Lab Tech will assist with basic endoscopic procedures (Colonoscopy and EGD), utilizing video endoscopes and specialized equipment, the obtaining of laboratory specimens, setting up and turning over procedure rooms, and the reprocessing of endoscopes. Assists the registered nurse and physician with the care of patients undergoing procedures involving the gastrointestinal tract.
- Set up procedure rooms and equipment before and after each procedure. Perform cleaning and disinfection of work surfaces. Utilization of personal protective equipment.
- Assist Registered Nurses and physicians with endoscopic procedures utilizing endotherapy, and obtaining laboratory specimens. Utilization of personal protective equipment. Assist with the transportation of patients to and from procedure rooms, to pre or post procedure area. Assist in the turning and positioning of patients. Assisting with the application of monitoring equipment, oxygen, and suctioning; under the supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Assist the Registered Nurses care for patients in the pre and post procedural area: cleaning and dressing of procedure carts, escorting discharged patients to the exit via wheelchair, assist with data collection of vital signs and urine specimens.
- Perform pre cleaning, manual cleaning, and high-level disinfection of endoscopes and accessories.
- Perform errands and stocking: delivering laboratory specimens to the laboratory, stock work areas with required equipment and linen, maintain the procedure area by breaking down boxes, deliver or pick up equipment from other areas of the hospital.
- The tech may also participate in scheduling procedures in Epic computer system.
Magis & Service Excellence Accountabilities
- Responsible for consistently demonstrating our Magis values of Care, Concern, Respect and Cooperation through teamwork and effective communication in an effort to prevent and solve problems and to achieve quality outcomes, patient safety, customer satisfaction and a safe environment.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining an environment of service excellence as outlined in the Service Excellence standards.
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 years of previous job-related experience
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Power Point
- Microsoft Word
- Ability to communicate verbally
- Ability to deal calmly and courteously with people
- Ability to deal with stressful situations
- Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures
- Ability to function independently and manage own time and work tasks
- Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to perform basic filing, office procedures and word processing
- Ability to work as a team
- Training acquired through work experience or education
- 3-5 years of previous job-related experience
- Microsoft Outlook
CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
Gastroenterology Technical Specialist (SGNA)