Magma Ranch K-8
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervises the conduct of students while on recess or during lunch periods
- Observes conduct and behavior of students to prevent disturbances.
- Assists in suppressing and controlling problems that might occur.
- Reports observations to superior.
- Directs actions of children and traffic at street intersections to ensure safe crossing.
- Records license numbers of vehicles disregarding traffic signals and reports infractions to police.
- Escorts children across street.
- Places caution signs at designated points before going on duty and removes signs at end of shift.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or GED, Associate's degree preferred.
Working Environment The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands; the employee is frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Terms of Employment
- Salary based onGradeD of the approved Classified Salary schedule as established by the Governing Board.
- 181 days,5 hours per day.
- Criminal Justice/Fingerprint Clearance
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella Immunity/Vaccination
- Valid I-9 form
Notice of Nondiscrimination
The Florence Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in admission or access to or treatment or employment in its policies, procedures or practices, in compliance with Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Section 504 and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Florence Unified School District Career and Technical Education Department does not discriminate in enrollment or access to any of the programs available Accounting, Audio/Visual, Bio Science, Business Management, Business Operations, Construction, Culinary Arts, Education Professions, Fire Science, Hospitality Management, Law Enforcement, Massage Therapy, Medical Assistant, Nursing Assistant, and Veterinary Assistant. The lack of English language skills shall not be a barrier to admission or participation in the district’s activities and programs. The Florence Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices.
This notice is provided as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Questions, complaints, or requests for additional information regarding these laws may be forwarded to the designated compliance coordinator(s). Tony Jimenez, Title IX Coordinator, Florence Unified School District-1000 South Main, Florence, Arizona. (520)-866-3500 or Dawn Winsor, 504 Coordinator, 1000 South Main Street, Florence, Arizona. (520) 866-3500.