The LVN is responsible for clinical functions on the unit, including all aspects of resident care incorporating the nursing process in accordance with the applicable Nurse Practice Act. The staff LPN/LVN shall ensure that the unit to which assigned shall function in a smooth, organized, and efficient manner as directed by the Registered Nurse. The provision of care includes direct care along with the delegation and supervision of all nursing care.
Specific components of the licensed practical/vocational nurse role include demonstrating clinical competence, managing resident care, improving quality of care, establishing professional relationships and utilizing professional skills, fulfilling responsibilities of the role of the facility, and developing clinical expertise per specialty.
- Current, valid, and active license to practice as a Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse in the state of employment required.
- Current BLS certification from a Vibra-approved vendor required.
- One (1) year of clinical experience in a health care setting preferred.
- Three (3) years medical/surgical experience preferred.
- One (1) year of area specific experience preferred.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Strong organizational, prioritizing and analytical skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Working knowledge of computer and software applications used in job functions.
- Freedom from illegal use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.