Smile, You’ve Found Us!
12 Hour Shift W/E Only
New Wage Scale
Are you passionate about caregiving? Would you like to work with the best team in the world? If so, Diversicare invites you to apply for our LPN position.
We build on trust, respect, customer focus, compassion, diplomacy, appreciation and strong communication skills to shape the culture in our workplace. Diversicare team members play a critical role in fostering an environment of Service Excellence, which we extend to all those we are privileged to serve.
If you wish to make a difference in the lives of our patients and residents, APPLY NOW!
Diversicare provides post-acute care services to patients and residents at 62 skilled nursing and long-term care centers in nine states, primarily in the Southeast, Midwest and Southwest United States. Together, with our team of dedicated healthcare professionals, we leverage our diverse strengths to provide each patient and resident with healthcare serves that best meet their needs.
It is Diversicare’s Mission to “Improve every life we touch by providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations.”
We are guided to excellence by five Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork and Stewardship, as well as 12 Service Standards.
We build on trust, respect, customer focus, compassion, diplomacy, appreciation and strong communication skills to shape the culture in our workplace. Diversicare team members play a critical role in fostering an environment of Service Excellence. Our Service Standards are in place to offer support. They lead us to what matters most to our company: creating a warm, caring, safe and professional environment for our customers and each other.
Our culture of impassioned service delivery is the Diversicare Difference.
Key accountabilities for Licensed Practical Nurses or Licensed Vocational Nurses are:
- Works as a team member to provide excellent nursing care for the patients and residents we serve
- Provides medications and treatments consistent with standards of care and delivered with integrity and compassion
- Communicates effectively through written documentation and verbal communication
- Builds serving relationships with patients/residents, family members, physicians and other health care professionals
- Champion quality of care, advocate for the customer experience
- Current license by the State Board of Nursing, as a LPN or LVN
- Ability to lead and motivate
- Able to work cohesively with patients/residents, physicians and other team members
- Good interpersonal and communication skills