LVN / LPN
Belmont Village Senior Living
Sherman Oaks, CA
Full-time LVN Position
Belmont Village Senior Living is a certified GREAT PLACE TO WORK® and ranked #15 on FORTUNE’s Top 50 Best Workplaces in Aging Services! Our employees say the reasons why are a positive company culture, competitive pay, excellent benefits, bonuses and career growth opportunities. Join our dedicated team to help make Belmont Village Encino a Great Place to Work and Live!
Belmont Village Encino is hiring experienced LVN’s for all shifts. Prior nursing experience in a fast paced setting such as a Hospital, Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF), Assisted Living Community or Memory Care Community is strongly preferred.
At Belmont Village Encino, our goal is to build dedicated teams who provide excellent care and services for our residents with knowledge, compassion, respect and a commitment to working with seniors. As a Licensed Nurse at Belmont Village Encino, you will play a critical role in helping achieve that goal through the supervision of caregivers and med techs, accurate administration of medications, and communication with physicians and family members related to changes in resident care needs.
Belmont Village Senior Living is an EOE/Drug Free work place. #MON
- Provides medication administration & personal care services, assistance, support and supervision to residents.
- Coordinates and schedules work and supervises delivery of Caregiver service.
- Establishes relationships with family and residents and promotes resident satisfaction by:
- following the resident’s individual service plan in providing services to residents
- promoting safety and well-being of residents
- Provides medication administration for residents as specified in individual service plan.
- Communicates with physicians and families regarding resident change of condition or variance.
- Communicates to Director of Nursing or Executive Director changes in residents’ condition and/or family concerns
- Performs duties in accordance with Belmont policies, procedures and practices, and, within the scope of the Nurse Practice Act.
- Oversees Caregivers to include development of daily work schedules and daily staffing exceptions.
- Participates in collection of information related to well-being of residents.
- Maintains supportive environment in dementia neighborhoods.
- Assists in the maintenance of infection control and hazard communication program for the Community.
- Assists in development and updating of each resident’s individual service plan.
- Position serves as Lead in the oversight of Caregivers
- Active CA LVN License
- Proficient in verbal and written English
- Experience or education that has provided the opportunity to develop good organizational skills as well as an understanding and sensitivity to the needs of the aging population
- Desire and experience working with residents with cognitive impairment/dementia
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work schedules as assigned in a 24-hour operation
- Telephone skills
- Leadership skills
- Must successfully complete:
- TB skin test or chest x-ray
- State fingerprint and FBI background check
- Health Screening for this position
- CPR Certification
- Direct supervisory experience
- One plus year of medication administration experience
- Personal Computer skills
- Observation and assessment skills
Belmont Village will consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law.