LVN/LPN Wellness Coordinator
Belmont Village Senior Living
West Lake Hills, TX
4310 Bee Cave Rd. West Lake Hills, TX 78746
Full-time position available!
Tuesday through Saturday
9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Weekend availability required
Belmont Village West Lake Hills is hiring an experienced Wellness Coordinator. Prior nursing experience in a fast paced setting such as a Hospital, Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF), Assisted Living Community or Memory Care Community is strongly preferred.
At Belmont Village, our goal is to build dedicated teams who provide excellent care and services for our residents with knowledge, compassion, respect and a commitment to working with seniors. As a Licensed Nurse at Belmont Village West Lake Hills, you will play a critical role in helping achieve that goal through the supervision of caregivers and med techs, accurate administration of medications, and communication with physicians and family members related to changes in resident care needs.
Belmont Village Senior Living is a certifiedGREAT PLACE TO WORK®and ranked #15 onFORTUNE’s Top 50 Best Workplaces in Aging Services! Our employees say the reasons why are a positive company culture, competitive pay, excellent benefits, bonuses and career growth opportunities. Join our dedicated team to help make Belmont Village West Lake Hills a Great Place to Work and Live!
Belmont Village Senior Living is an EOE/Drug Free work place.
This position supports the Director of Resident Care Services through coordination of communication and follow up with doctors, pharmacy and family members to support wellness initiatives, maintain regulatory compliance and enhance resident satisfaction. Administer and document wellness checks for residents. Support resident needs by providing personal care services, assistance, support and supervision as needed.
- Follow up on physician orders and resident medical issues
- Contact families regarding resident issues
- Interact and assist with medical personnel inside and outside of the building
- Troubleshoot pharmacy and medication supply issues
- Set-up and manage lists related to resident hospital admittance and discharge, hospice needs and special diet requirements.
- Monitor and respond to voicemails, emails and faxes for the Wellness Center
- Monitor and record resident weights
- Input Variance Reports
- Thin and file discharged resident charts
- Maintain Wellness Center files and ensure filing is up to date
- May fill in for open Nurse shifts as needed.
- Provides medication administration for residents as specified in individual service plan as needed
- Maintains supportive environment in dementia neighborhoods.
- Participates in collection of information related to well-being of residents.
- Develops daily work schedules for Caregivers and daily staffing exceptions.
- Assists in the maintenance of infection control and hazard communication program for Belmont Village.
- Provides input to hiring and assist in reviews of Caregivers
- Assists in development and updating of each resident’s individual service plan.
- Current LVN/LPN License
- Min 6 months experience as a Medical Assistant or Administrative Assistant
- Proficient in verbal and written English
- Experience or education that has provided the opportunity to develop good organizational skills as well as an understanding and sensitivity to the needs of the aging population
- Proficient telephone skills
- Demonstrated organizational and data entry skills
- Telephone skills
- Leadership skills
- Demonstrated Computer skills including Microsoft Office software
- Ability to work schedules assigned in a 24-hour operation
- CPR Certified or must obtain within 30 days of hire
- Current RN License
- Min 1 year office related administrative experience
- Direct supervisory experience
- One plus year of medication management experience
- Intermediate Computer skills
- Observation and assessment skills
Fitness / Wellness Manager